1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Books.

wes Apr 26, 2005

1. littlejoey

littlejoey High on a Mountain Top Brigade Member

Just finished "To Kill a Mockingbird," just started "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee.

2. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

I've been enjoying the author Ann Rule. She writes true crime books. Lots of them are from Washington State. Interesting finding out about old murders and crimes from nearby.

Kelper likes this.
  3. ScottG

ScottG JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Master and margarita by Bulgakov? (very funny, good slapstick)
    Child of God by McCarthy (lot of big words)
    Crime and Punishment by Doestoyevsky
    the particular sadness of lemon cake by aimee bender
    1Q84 by Murakami (surreal)
    Brave new world by Aldous Huxley (feels like current times — at least 10 years ago when I read it)
    Dante’s Inferno (basically a fun history book)
    Catch-22 (military jokes)
    Catcher in the rye
    A manga called “kingdom” that is about the seven kingdoms and the unification of china

4. Kahoaalohakupaa

Kahoaalohakupaa Tiny Member

Dawn of the Dead by George Romero & Susanna Sparrow

There's a lot more sexual tension in the book then came out in the film.

rock3r4life and Flip Tripper like this.
  5. rock3r4life

rock3r4life Sir shtablington

Miyamoto Musashi Gorin No Sho, Nietzsche everything, Chuck Palahniuk everything, Sir Author Conan Doyal Sherlock Holmes, Veronica Roth Divergent series, Rick Yancey 5th wave (shocked me but amazing) aanndd some dr Seuss erry once in awhile.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  6. rock3r4life

And even MORE in my Shibari book.

7. rock3r4life

Oohh I forgot I picked up Romeo and Juliet, and McBeth from a resale shop to add in some classic gewdness. From that one guy who no one can understand without "description" the additions to the hi school vs of my books REALLY just piss me off, I want to read as Shakespeare wrote, not what some modern nincompoop had to say.

8. Rhonda

Rhonda knife diva Lady Devil Brigade Member

Am just about finished with "Retrotopia", by John Michael Greer. Good escapism. Would take the train to Lakewood anyday. When I get thru it, will move on to something a bit heavier, "Plague of Corruption," by Dr. Mikovitz. I don't know if I'll get thru it, though. Very heavy and technical in medical terms. From what my friends who have already read it tell me, it's mind blowing.

9. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

This is my favorite book when it comes to Musashi. :madaddy:

770970CF-5145-4BB2-9051-74A452D14CE1_1_105_c.jpeg

snache and woodlander like this.
  10. rock3r4life

Isn't that the fictional book, that kinda portrayed him as an almost mythical guy? Tried reading that but couldn't get into it, as after The Book of Five Rings it's almost an insult to his name.

11. rock3r4life

Been really getting into the Altered Carbon book series; It's currently a Netflix thing and the show is amazing so I "graduated?"to the books. Awesometastic.

ded i likes this.
  12. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Dressed to Kill by Amy Miller ~ What they wore and why they wore it, a "unique exploration of naval identity, period fashion and masculinity"

Amazon has both books of this two book edition :trooper::viking::flasher::cove::brit:

upload_2022-3-22_7-56-46.png

13. XxGRYMMxX

XxGRYMMxX The Crayola Kid JDBA Official Member

been reading The Expanse series. 9 books total, already 5 in, in 2 weeks (audio books at work). very good stuff.