1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bone Head Move

DomBunn May 6, 2008

1. DomBunn

DomBunn knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Has anyone ever used K&G’s white/ivory colored Epoxy?

I think its K&G home brew

Dose it ever “FK”n cure.

Bone head for using it the 1st time on some MI scales I have been saving for ever.

Bummin out 7hs and still tackey thing is I have plenty of Devcon

Just blowing steam better cure by tommorrow

2. ironarm knives

ironarm knives knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

at least next time you'll know you have lots of time to get it right not 15 min like some of the stuff I used last time Ha Ha

3. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

It is 24 Hour Cure.

Says it right on the website.

4. DomBunn

Yes it cured amen, I was starting to think I mixed part A twice ever do that.

I did once when shop company ask you questions when you are mixing a batch

24 hrs that sure slows down any progress you think you are making THX

5. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

That's why i don't use it.

I don't have the Time to wait for Epoxy to Dry.

We use the 5 minute.

It is set in 20 minutes and on the line in 45 minutes.

It does totally Cure overnight but that would be in the Box on the way to the Distributor.

If You need to color your Epoxy--It is best to actually color it with the Dust from the Micarta or wood You are working on.

That does not effect the Strength or the Drying Time.

For Black--we use Black Pigment from the hardware Store.

Mike

6. DomBunn

I hear ya on a quick cure

I might be messed up but, I think there is actual Ivory dust in that epoxy???

Don't know but it smells exactly like grinding Ivory. I bought it to fill an mammoth ivory inside core cone that has some layer seperation in it for a stick tang handle.

Why I used it I do not know.
    Ths stuff K&G stuff sucks it shrinks big time when curering atleast 35%.

I alway dovetail my bolsters and wanted to do this knife old school without them DT and without any liner material also. a clean look. The MI is busy enough.

Dam I should have dovetailed it !!! The liner material is big time more forgiving. No excuses but its been a long time