1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

IMG_0715.JPG IMG_0717 (1).JPG IMG_0716.JPG

Plagiarized a rough version for a friend... he complains cause it wobbles on his belt. Well... for one your belt is about as thick as a dime. Then says the thumb snap disengages the safety...well its a last ditch defense pistol. I'd be happy if the safety wasn't on when I had to draw it and cock the hammer. As Oscar Wild said... no good deed goes unpunished.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Ironmaster5 and Jim L. like this.
  2. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Is the snap disengaging the safety by design or an unexpected feature?

I would think I'd like it personally.

Jim L. likes this.
  3. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I got to agree with Des,, that would be a plus in my book ,, My step father was a trooper ,,he always told me you pull a gun on anybody you best be ready to shoot . In a high stress situation I don't want to be fuck'en with a safety .

Jim L. likes this.
  4. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Unexpected...he may be having user error. Personally I only have a safety on if I'm packing my 1911 ( cocked & locked). I just looked at a couple of Bond Arms holster pics and whipped this up. I had his gun for the fitting / molding but I never went thru the paces trying it out.

He's a peculiar person. Complains about life in general. Black cloud over him.
    The type that if you'd buy him a drink he'd complain that the glass is dirty. Oh well...

BTW what do you guys use as a stiffener for a thumb break? I see store bought ones have some kind of metal tab.... I add a slab of extra leather but have to cut a hole because of the back of the snap.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  5. 13.45

13.45 NRA Benefactor Life Member

Looks pretty good to me. Grandma used to say something about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

Regarding the thumb break reinforcement, seems you could use extra leather, metal, or a synthetic such as kydex.

El Gringo likes this.
  6. jimmyjo

jimmyjo Brigade Member Brigade Member

Nice work. I'm making mini-holsters for two North American Arms today.

El Gringo likes this.
  7. Ironmaster5

Ironmaster5 Tiny Member

Ubetcha Red Ryder

8. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

Well... he died in March of prostate cancer. So it really doesn't matter.