1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BM T Latch owners please check it out.

Casey Jul 22, 2014

1. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Bullshit, I heard a torch would work....:bwah:

MTXCraze likes this.
  2. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

No. This just isn't going to happen.

Oh yeah! I forgot all about that! :bwah:

3. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

OUCH!
    Yeah, I was right, they let it get past QC.
    You cant send it back now, if it's been grinded on.
    I also think I saw some bronze washers?
    Did you buy it used, and did the other owner mess with it?

Regardless, like JJHamilton said, send it to a JD approved bali fixerupper like Wildstyl3.:thumbsup:
    Or not.:bwah:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    WyldStyl3 likes this.
  4. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

BM4xs are way past the "sent to BM to fix it" point...forgetaboutit...

5. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

In that case he's going to need some duct tape, a 6lb sledge hammer, a Dremel, some Ramen noodles, and a whole lot of "Get Her Done" attitude:) May need to watch some old re-runs of 2 and a half men for some Charlie Sheen "winner" motivation!

6. Casey

Casey JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Benchmade told me I was SOL basically. (this was when the knife had never been taken apart with factory washers and the blade was rubbing) I bought it from a collector.

I put the pb washers in to try and get rid of the slop and blade rub, and once the play was gone, the bow was obvious.

Hard to tell in the pic because of the shadow, but the blade is just a hair off-center in the bite handle. tightened down with no play. safe handle bowing toward the left in the background.

[​IMG]

7. abqjoe

Edit: I'm wrong:)

8. Casey

don't know why the pic rotated but there ya go.

edit: Oh, its upright now, never mind.

9. abqjoe

Edit: Thinking out loud...

10. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

word to the wise....don`t mess with it....

11. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Smartass:devilfinger:

jjhamilton likes this.
  12. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Guilty as charged!!...:bwah::jdwink2:

13. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

Those old Benchmades were designed with some slop in them. Could be a number of things that causes the misalignment of the blade in the channel. It's hard to expect perfection from something that wasn't designed with perfect specs. If the blade is binding, well, ease up on the screw until you get good swing.

14. TheronJ

TheronJ JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My 42as T latch I got from PEC has a slight bow in one handle as well. It flips great though, no problems.

15. Casey

blade scrapes only one side of the handle with the screw completely out of the knife (have to push the blade the touch the other side.). It did this with the factory washers. I have it now so it scrapes, but doesn't stick.

16. dsanti

dsanti knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Looks to me like the pivot hole in the blade or the handle wasn't at 90 when it was made causing the off center. My guess would be the handle because its already pretty fucked up. Looks too far gone for a fix, swapping handles would be the best solution imo, but I don't know much.

They are cast production handles sold for much cheaper than you bought it for I assume. Keep that in mind when you're going over every detail on your knife.

17. PlntDr

PlntDr Level: True Devil

Yeah what he said ^^^^

I have a 46blk T latch I bought like 10 years ago. The bite handle is about 1/16th of an inch shorter than the safe handle. The pivots are not evenly pushed into the handles, screw sticks up on the safe handle. And there is uneven casting line, (or what ever it is) on the safe handle. Not as apparent as your picture but where the black has rubbed off inside you can see a line.

18. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

To the OP... if you wanted a perfect 4x the intro shouldnt have been your first choice. Additionally you probably could have sold it for what you paid prior to modding anything and bought a springer without the issue. I personally would keep the flaws and everything for value purposes...

19. Casey

I bought it to flip, I'm not really a collector and retaining value isn't something I care about. Not a fan of springers.

I didn't start this thread because I hate the knife or find help with the issues. I just asked if anyone else's knife had this going on since I couldn't find close up shots of this stuff to compare.

Thanks for the responses everyone.