1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BM 51 Titanium handle mod

Helix Nov 16, 2012

1. A1Duke

A1Duke Average member

Very elegant.

2. kxchaput

kxchaput Huge member

im calling it now. In 2015 benchmade will release the 71. It will be this in stainless. And there wont even be a latch gate this time.

3. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Now that is a sweet 51!

4. Nailclippers

Nailclippers Little member

That's a beautiful 51
    DO WANT! :manganr::manganr:

5. redsnake93

redsnake93 Huge member

Bro, that's beautiful. I thought about doing something similar but didnt know if it would look right. You proved me wrong! :bwah:

6. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Badass! Would love a 51 like that!!

7. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

This one completely changes my outlook on the 51 for sure. It's absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't think twice if these were available in this configuration. Awesome mod!!

8. senseicharles

senseicharles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The best I've seen yet! :thumbsup::devilcorn:

9. Helix

Helix Balipocalypse Assassin

Thanks! Glad y'all like it....I certainly do. McAhron rocked it. The looks, the weight and feel, and the tolerances with the bushings all are awesome!

P.s. I cleared my inbox so should be able to receive PM's now. I will say that if you are looking for price you'd be best off talking to McAhron himself as this was quite a while ago and sometimes prices can change over time with demand and experience. I got this project quoted by a few different makers and he was the most reasonably priced and I can tell you the total cost wasn't anywhere near as much as the 51-121's price tag.

10. x123

x123 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Holy mother fucking shit! That's the baddest ass looking 51 mod I've seen yet. I'm going to steal your design and have McAhron make me one too.

11. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

That came out great. McA is doing some incredible work these days.

12. terry221984

terry221984 Little member

Wow thats awsome looking guess i need a 51 now!

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  13. McAhron

McAhron knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Nice thread helix.I was really pleased with this one and Im happy you like it.:ross:

Helix likes this.
  14. azswinger

azswinger Huge member

As positive as the responses are, have you considered making a batch of handles for the 51 and selling them to us for self installation? I think I'd be down for a set.

15. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

+1:thumbsup:

16. McAhron

I cant do them without the liners as they need to be ground flush to the liners.Even a couple hundredths of an inch makes them rub.Waterjet cutting would solve the tolerance issue but I cant afford to do it.:ropeman:

17. azswinger

azswinger Huge member

Since the 51's were mass produced, shouldnt the dimensions be the same, knife to knife. If you were to take a stock 51 as a blueprint, grind all the handles and drill all the holes to match, shouldn't that work for all of our 51's?

18. McAhron

They have to be ground flush to the liners witch reduces the size of the liners a tiny little bit,but doing it over and over again would cause each handle to be smaller in succession as the master got smaller and smaller.

19. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Now this could persuade me to buy the 51! It would feel more like a knife and less of a toy!:ropeman:

20. metlman

metlman JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Imagine this mod in BRASS! Heavy but visually stunning.