1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BladeSports Cutting Comp Cabela's Fort Worth, TX

Chris Rowland Nov 6, 2011

1. Chris Rowland

Chris Rowland knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Here are a few pics of the BladeSports cutting event held in Fort Worth yesterday. We need some more cutters to get involved, so if any are interested in getting certified...just let me know and I will get you lined up with certification, or visit http://www.bladesports.org/ and check it out. ANYBODY can cut- you don't have to be a knifemaker. Instuctors are available in MS, OR, WA, ID and TX.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  2. Chris Rowland

:ross: IMGA0526.jpg

IMGA0470.jpg

IMGA0487.jpg

IMGA0513.jpg

IMGA0591.jpg

3. Chris Rowland

:thumbsup: IMGA0597.jpg

IMGA0602.jpg

4. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Looks like a good time!:devilzeek

5. Aldo

Aldo NJ Steel Baron Knife Maker or Craftsman

Chris,

What are most of the guys using in the way of steel?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
  6. Chris Rowland

currently, I would say about 98% are using 3/8'' CPM-M4. We are able to grind it down thinner than any other steel and it holds up beautifully..... I took mine full flat to .018'' Before heat treating to 62RC.

7. Aldo

What is the actual starting thickness of the 3/8" I have .295/.320 in stock. Are they actually starting with heavier than that?

8. Chris Rowland

it depends on the guy. I'm 240 pounds so I started thick .42''. and it came out 1lb 13oz. .32 stock is in perfect line with what most use. The outcome of .32 stock would bring the knife to about 1lb 8 to 9oz with tapered tang. Chopper Final.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
  9. firebolt

firebolt Hollandse Duivel Brigade Member

nice pics, thanks,

and M4 is the sjizzle, i was impressed with my m4 knife
    takes a wicked thin egde and stand up to the abuse

10. Aldo

OK, then I'm calling in a few sheets of it.:manganr:

11. misfit

misfit Somebody check my brain

Great Pics

Those are some great pics! I was planning to check out the comp but couldn't pull my buddies out of Texas Motor Speedway in time. Looks like a hell of a fun way to spend an afternoon. I saw that there's another one coming up in December in Waxahachie but it didn't list a where it was being held. I'd like to check it out.

M

12. Chris Rowland

the next comp will be at Warran Osborne's ranch on the 4th of December. We will be there the 3rd for a clinic and new cutter certification. If your interested let me know and I will bring a blade for you to use so we can get you certified.

http://www.bladesports.org/schools.html

412 Alysa Lane
    Waxahachie, TX

13. Jose Diaz

Jose Diaz knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Chris,
    Great pics and thread! Glad to see and hear that your blade is holding up. Congrats!

The best part of these events is not the competition but the people you get to hang out with. I have such a great time with here guys, and I learn so much.

Again congrats and welcome to the obsession!