1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bladehq's FlyTanium BM51

DeepSkyyz Jul 9, 2014

1. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

Alright thanks a bunch.

2. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

View attachment 123515 View attachment 123514

So for the first time owning balis I try and take a modded 51 apart to put these new scales on it. Well I finished with extra screws every where and a bali that will not close. Took me about 4 hours and that is what I accomplished. It was funny as hell. Right before doing that I was on IG talking to deadpool he said it took him about ten minutes so I gave it a shot. That didn't work out well.

I give a lot if credit to you knife makers and modders out there. I was never the type of guy to take something apart and put it back together. Especially when pieces are just popping out everywhere. My point I'd what a bitch that was so deadpool you were right its sent to Cook and he was passing his pants when I told him what I did. Just sharing a funny story that's all.

I don't know why it didn't work for me I was going to try again but sending them to Matt is a better idea get my 42 annoed and he can change the liners to match the color of the scales on the flytanium. So just for those who buy these scales the price is worth it they are Kool as hell but what a bitch to do.

3. dus7man

Ah the 51 isn't all that hard to take apart. If anything take it apart slowly and take a picture of how everything was originally.

That or look up a YouTube video of it.

**Edit** the pressure fit pins are the only real hassle with the 51.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  4. Ronin0821

Yea it's not hard to take apart and I feel bad I gave up on it because ryanol had faith in me when we were talking on BT and sent me the link for the video. I was suppose to send him pics when finished but it just wasn't happening. He gave me the ambition to try but it wasn't working and at the same time I'm fighting a infection with my wisdom teeth so I wasn't thinking clearly and in pain so I had it put together all messed up.

But I looked it over and Cook can make the liners go with the colored scales I bought and hook it up nice. I have to send him my new 42 anyways so I just going to play it safe. It looks ridiculous I had Matt pissing his pants explaining what I did. But I know you like the flytanium and others too.

His website is up and for 4 scales 140$ is a killer price so I definitely recommend anyone interested to jump on them the v3 are coming soon. He's doing a lot with the 51 and he's a really good guy hooked me up with a lot if extras because I gave up scales so another guy that wanted the last pair could have them.

So he seen that and really hooked my order up. But the whole building and taking apart I'll leave to the pros. But I am studying the video so I can get it down because I have a ton of liners and scales that I would like to be able to change without sending them 3,000 miles all the time.

5. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Are these good?

[​IMG]

6. Ronin0821

You got the green ones nice score.

7. L3b4

L3b4 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Very nice:madaddy:

8. dus7man

Absolutely beautiful!

Where did you get those? they aren't on his site.

9. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Once they sell, they dissapear from the site soon after.

10. Chris_Himself

[GOOGLEVID][/GOOGLEVID]
    A friend

11. CowStabber

CowStabber Little member

Wow Ronin you make me feel smart.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  12. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Was wondering when you would put them together... :bwah:

What about them wind chimes?

13. ultrahesh

ultrahesh Heathen among the saints Brigade Member

I got a set of the v2 with the slots. The difference in weight from the first version was very noticeable to me. I think that it flips better with the slightly less weight.
    They are easy to install, just next to obvious to get them back together after disassembly, just a minimum amount of thought is required.

I love these scales. I may put a set on my 51-1101. The green ones like above would be awesome

14. Chris_Himself

I recently started working at a machine shop more or less and at $150 they are a gift to you guys based on the little I do know.

[​IMG]

I also haven't bought anything from BHQ in a while. It's just sitting in my knifebag. A couple people wanted to buy the setup from me already :)

15. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

Can anyone add a good YouTube video tutorial explaining how to disassemble the bm51 ?

16. Ronin0821

There is one already I got the scales and fucked it up. Thank god I'm sending knives out to get ano just,sending them with it that so a oro can do it. Most of the guys ten minutes they are done. So you might have the same luck. I need to ano the liners anyways to get them to match to so thank god or I would look truly dumb. To many small. Pieces. YouTube assembling the Benchmade 51.

17. squidmaster23

squidmaster23 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

[video=youtube;2CYOoKTyfHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CYOoKTyfHI[/video]

BaliAction likes this.
  18. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

19. ItsASatchel

ItsASatchel Little member

I'm not sure if this is the right place so feel free to redirect/correct me;
    I just installed the flytanium handles on my LNIB 51.
    The safe handle has a sticking point about halfway though rotation. I can't figure out why.
    It's stiff for about 15-20 degrees and swings free on either side of that.
    I disassembled and flipped washers, etc. and nothing has helped.
    On that note, the press pin that is at the latch end of the safe handle doesn't catch and just spins freely and I can't get it to fully tighten; any suggestions? There is about 1mm of play and I think that could be part of the sticking issues.
    Thanks in advance.

20. Ronin0821

GP knives has the full set put together not just scales for about 380$.