1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bladehq's FlyTanium BM51

DeepSkyyz Jul 9, 2014

1. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Looking sweet, man!

How was it to take it down and rebuild it? Pretty painless?

2. RRTvette

RRTvette Gonna ventilate you JDBA Official Member

No problem since I've torn the 51 down a bunch of times. Just remembering where all the little pins go. Setting the handles up for to swing smooth with little play is a little tedious.

3. RRTvette

It does feel like a different knife. I gotta let the lock tite set up before I can sling it around. Just simple opening and closing....it feels good.

4. zuggzugg

zuggzugg JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Can't wait!

I'm going to go with the slot style. Nervous to take the knife apart though. Haven't done it before with this one and those zen pins I hear can be a bitch. Not to mention getting those clip pins out.

Also picked up a mint 32BK for the scale treatment once those are up!

5. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The Zen pins are no big deal. The female pivot parts and the clip pins are pressed in I believe though so you may need a vise or something to push them out without damaging the g10

6. ac3.0

ac3.0 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I took mine apart yesterday to polish blue ano off the lineres to match the plain ti fly scales. The only thing that icould not get apart was the bottom pin out of the pocket clip. Other than that one of my pivot screws had stripped threads. Called benchmade and they are sending another screw as well as extra handle screws. Great customer service.

7. jamex

jamex Organic Polygraph JDBA Official Member

the part that kills me is the BM51 used to sell for $165 at a couple retailers. Now people are flocking to pay $230+ for the stock knife now that scales are available that Benchmade should be making themselves. The worst part is retailers WANT to sell the 51 cheaper but aren't allowed.

...talk about fucked up sales strategy

D2AP likes this.
  8. Natmatt

Natmatt Huge member

Couldn't agree more all companies should hire multiple people who have their ear on the pulse of their market (like a JD Member) so they can hear what we want instead of guessing which is what it seems like they are doing now as they head back to the T-latch SMH.:cry:

9. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Seems like its working out alright for benchmade no?

10. RRTvette

Apparently it still sells well. It is the best quality buy for the price IMO. It was a steal at $165.

11. Motivatedny

Motivatedny Little member

Flytanium

Has a ton of different ti scales on his site that's how i did mine flytaniumco.com or Instagram Flytanium awesome work and a world of a difference

12. ac3.0

ac3.0 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Purple, pink, blue, green, gold scales all for sale on the website.

13. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

Can anyone add pics of the anodized scales installed?n:devilcorn:

14. Motivatedny

Motivatedny Little member

scales

I can upload when i get home otherwise instagram: flytanium has a bunch

15. BaliAction

BaliAction Level: True Devil

I'm excited to see the scales available, I am considering getting a pair but unfortunately I am not as "hands on" as some of you guys are and I am worried i am not going to be able to put them on :manganr:

16. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

I'll most likely get another one.

17. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

Looks like the V2s with the slots are up :thumbsup:

18. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

Lots of new Flytanium styles up on the site now. Hole and slot designs. Some polished, some anodized, some with CF pocket clips.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

Are you getting any in with some anodized v2 slot handles?

20. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

Yes, in a week or two I believe.