1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Assuming you're using Firefox, or chrome just install ad block plus or whatever. You can right click the image and block it from showing up.

2. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Really!? I'll have to see if I can set that gif as my Avatar then... I WILL NOT BE BLOCKED MUWAHAHAHAHA!:bwah:

3. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Blade HQ

5:00 PM (6 minutes ago)

to me
    A package was shipped to you.

:manganr:

4. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Did anyone receive their black bladed Tachyon 2 yet? (Either by expedited shipping or otherwise)

:ross:

5. laughingbuddha

So I arrived home from work tonight and FINALLY my Tach had arrived. Thanks T-man!:thumbsup:

My first impression is that the latch sucks ass. The tip of the blade comes into contact with the blade and the dome shaped t-latch gets caught up in the handle when flipping (no surprises there).

Aside from that... its pretty fuck'n good to flip.

The blade came nice and sharp and cuts my fingers just fine. It looks pointy and is pointy. The holes in the blade haven't grown on me after seeing the knife in person, I still don't like em :bwah:

Bushings are spot on.... it flips smoooooooth. No blade rub on the handles at all. The handles are quite comfy for flipping but it doesn't give me the same amount of grip as the AB, which I prefer. Also, I haven't had to loc-tite as the handles haven't moved. As DP has mentioned they must come loctite from factory which is nice.

It feels lighter than the AB and doesn't feel as big... but from memory I don't think there is much difference in weight between the two.

The aluminium spacers aren't actually as bad as what I thought they would be. As it is, it doesn't feel all that dissimilar to the 42 as far as balance... maybe just a tiny bit lighter in the rear. It would benefit from the block spacers, but I could live with flipping it with just the Aluminum spacers.

I really like it.

The only thing that pisses me off with it is that latch. I just spent over $300 (N.Z) on a knife and I have to wrap a frick'n hair tie around the handle so the tip doesn't get damaged :pissedevil:

People may say, 'well just take the latch off' or 'use an o-ring'.... but but but I just spent over $300 squid meng!. I dunno much about other knives but would people put up with a $300 Microtech folder that you had to fix yourself to avoid damaging each time you opened it?? idk, would that shit sell?

Anywho, besides the latch thing I really like it :manganr: (did I mention that I really like it).

Initial impressions are that it flips better than my 42 (the only thing better on my 42 is the spring latch)..... still not as good as the Beast.

So, yeah... I filmed some of my first session. I didn't put any music to it so you could hear what it sounds like. Without a doubt this is the quietest Bali I own.

[video=youtube;tKmwp19U20U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKmwp19U20U[/video]

DeadPuppy likes this.
  6. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

ProAB = 5.2 oz
    TachII = 4.7 oz

Agree with the quiety part also.

Been flipping it for almost two weeks now and still haven't needed to make any adjustments (other than latch removal). Great bali:thumbsup:.

7. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My latch didnt hit the blade tip originally, but it can now. The latch is still pretty stiff preventing it from swinging around that far, but for whatever reason it can now contact the tip...

Has anyone found a solution to the sort of spongy (take up?) feeling it has? Does it eventually go away?

8. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

my solution was to swap out for a fresh barell. some folks are using o rings on the spacer. i just took the latch off. much better with no latch i say. maybe the block spacers will latch gate properly.

the take up goes away. if you re do the pivots it sorta comes back, then goes fades back quickly again, even if the pivots are still very tight.

the take up hasn't effected anything for me. i kinda like it. its nothing though.

9. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

Folder people - test: paper

Fixed blade people - test: wood

Balisong people - test: flesh

:bwah:

CDR_Glock likes this.
  10. x123

x123 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

My latch is starting to peel the titanium off the end of my safe handle.

11. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Latchless, this balisong is nearly silent when compared to a 4x or even a PAB.

After flipping a while I do think it could benifit from some block spacers, but like I said, not big enough spacers to make a significant balance difference. It currently flips very well. Aerials are very predictible with it as well.

When compared to the PAB I think the PAB flips slightly better and is overall the better knife (though the handles are a little more loose). However, the Tach 2 is faster and feels way more comfortable. The PAB feels like a meatgrinder by comparison.

Still, take the latch off and you have a sick knife.

12. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

sharpest knife I own
    s/n 111

[​IMG]

13. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

I'm thinking about getting another one in black plain edge. How do you like your Tachyon 2 so far, Secare? :ross:

14. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

it feels really nice. there is barely any handle play at all, no blade rub. The spacers keep the latch off the blade I can't get it to touch even when forcing it.
    The latch is wierd its stiff and doesn't move around while flipping.

I'm not going to flip this one too much I want to keep it mint.

15. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

Care to elaborate on that at all? Maybe a pic or two?

:ropeman:

16. King Ghidorah

King Ghidorah Average member

Really loving how the Tach turned out, can't wait to flip mine. Ordered on 9/19 and they still haven't charged for it. :cry: Hopefully this week.

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  17. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

Im going to hopefully be getting a Review out on this tommorow.

My Gripes with it are the latch, At first I thought it wasnt going to hit the tip, but I think I can pretty much safely say that on all the tachs, This will happen. The Spacers are aluminium (said that like the Brits in my head) so they dent real easy, so if you happen to drop the bali on the latch, it will dent the spacer and cause it to get closer to the tip. Thankfully it rarely gets caught in between the two handles and close to the tip, but I wouldnt be surprised if someone eventually occurs some decent damage to their tip.

The "take up" Was never an issue with me, but after a good solid 5 days of flipping, It is still slightly there. It really is quite peculiar. I was scared it was going to cause wierd flipping issues but there are none what so ever. I like it though. Its hard to explain why.

18. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

Pics would be nice, is it peeling? or just scratched? I have never heard of Titanium peeling. Intriguing...:ropeman:

19. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

as said before the latch on this thing is kind of lame. It doesn't swing freely on mine often getting stuck in the "closed" position

aside from that it feels like flipping nothing at all. no clangs or anything like that, super smooth.

[video=youtube;0udstrhE0ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udstrhE0ck[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
  20. laughingbuddha

Huh? do you mean that its starting to dent/scratch/ding the aluminium?