1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

What difference does it make?? It's only appearance, won't make any difference flipping....Anyway you don't think Glenn is a flipper?

2. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

Scotch-bright and a touch of oil , it seems to speed up the process.

Once again, if you plan on flipping the tacky gray finish is best. The TI handles are slick as can be now.

3. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Glenn had said that it would be too slippery for flipping.

4. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

It certainly does make a difference in the amount of grip you have.

Weight difference nope.

Slick VS Tacky, yes.

Not that it's not flip-able, it's just a smoother surface.

5. jjhamilton

Probrably like a polished Kimura ( only in grip comparison, that is) considering the square handles. It would be easy to get used to, as far as flipping is concerned, right?

6. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

torx sizes are uniform so i dont think it shouldnt vary. i would like the security tox bit size to be verified as well. sucks that in cali i cant simply take my balisong into the store and find one that fits.

7. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The polished Kimura took quite a bit of getting used to for me. Mostly cause of the weight I think. Once I got used to it though, I dont see how I ever thought it was too slick.

I think with the Tach2 being lighter the adjustment period wouldn't be as bad.

8. jjhamilton

Same here....actually has taken me longer to get used to the extra grip of the AB.....

9. ultrahesh

ultrahesh Heathen among the saints Brigade Member

t-10 will fit in the pivots, but not all the way. they are t-9, for sure, without a doubt. If you use the t-10 you might strip out the upper portion of the pivot screws.

10. Area965

I used a pencil led and made some measurements on the length of the pin (the pin the middle of the torx), the total depth of the pivot, how far the T10 fit in it and the depth of the hole in the bit. It is a perfect fit for mine bit. YMMV.

11. ultrahesh

ultrahesh Heathen among the saints Brigade Member

That's bizarre. One of us has an irregular bit set. I have two tachyon2s and my t-10 doesn't fit in either one. maybe my bits are junk, they are husky brand.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  12. Area965

My bit has the exact marking as yours, except it is T10.

13. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

It's entirely possible that they could have used two different sized heads on the pivot screws.

14. Slaysur

Slaysur Huge member

Mine is T-10 as well,and I put in a T-9 and it was deffinaty to small. Odd!

15. Weka952

Weka952 Little member

Ehh

Nice Bali!... But i dont know if its worth the money since the tip is so pointed so you may get hurt or if you drop it the tip may break.....
    Although you will most likely be satisfied with the bali when you get it pm me pleaze and tell me how you like it :thumbsup:

16. jjhamilton

Huh?? I must not be the only one drinking tonight:ropeman:

17. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

Please post your INTRO in Testing the Waters before you perpetuate any further stupidity in the JDBA.

18. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

19. Slaysur

Slaysur Huge member

Woa Woa Woa!!!!! So wait, your telling me that if I flip a Knife, a knife! It has a sharp edge, I can get hurt? :shitbricks:

20. jjhamilton

ATTENTION.....flipping a Bali is dangerous....:ropeman: you could be cut....