1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

i had spoke to this guy brian and he seemed to know what was up.
    i wanted to ask him stuff like: would the spacers be shaped at the bottom in such a way as to act as a latch gate? i removed my latch, i usually do, but it had dented into the aluminum barrel just slightly enough for the latch to contact the blade . . im assuming they are ti spacers? do we know any about how much they may cost?
    ... i just had some questions.

and that lady had always returned her calls at microtech and been real helpful. so i be calling em lol...

thanks for offering them at cost by the way, that's alright. im thinking they should be kinda cheap, maybe, i hope :bwah:

2. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

I will stab you with my tachyon.... That will be ironic

3. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I really like the black blade.

Since there is no variation in handle finish in the production run, I may send my handles off to be coated , matt black with the silver blade and hardware should look interesting. :devilcorn:

4. A1Duke

A1Duke Average member

I got mine last week, a stonewash plain blade. I sent it back to Microtech for service because the safe handle was binding and contacting the blade hindering free rotation. Very disappointed.

5. kxchaput

kxchaput Huge member

I'll try to chaplin with a 53 and it will surely go flying at you

6. calvinnation

BAHA! I will block it with the Titanium plate in my chest, and mess up a hack aerial right at you with my basilisk.

7. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

i would jump in front of a blade for yaaa
    and catch a grenade for yaaa

8. calvinnation

Would you do jump in front of a train for me?
    Would you do anything for me? (I.E. Train one of you owls to send me gifts)

9. Glenn

I have to pick up a safety T9 to get the handles off to finish it up. The dull gray finish was bugging me. :devilroll: Only part of the bottom handle from the triple slots to the end was touched.

More to come. :yuna:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
  10. Glenn

A bit more work on it. Night time flash photo.

If you are going to be using this as a dedicated flipper, DON'T do this. It makes the knife more slippery.

[​IMG]

11. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

I find that it's a good of a balisong as anything else in terms of tolerances, flipping, and blade shape, but this one looks a bit more drab than the original for some reason.

I wish they retained the groove in the blade, but I am very happy and knowing Microtech these will be readily available soon enough.

I haven't noticed any fit and finish blemishes on mine, sorry to those who have.

I wish I could flip well enough to post a decent video for those on the fence about this guy.

12. kxchaput

kxchaput Huge member

I have a feeling/hope calvin will tonight once the loctite has dried

13. sirhorsechoker

i find that the cutouts on the blade help me flip. i usually ride jedi. the holes are good safe handle indicator.

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  14. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Some more thoughts: The more I flip this, the more I find the latch kinda "bulky". I still prefer the blocky T-latch of the original Tachyon.

15. sirhorsechoker

i took the latch off. it flips better without it i say....

16. Glenn

Here is a progression image till I get the torx. I have worked the handles up to the nearest set of slots toward pivots. The TI came up to a nice sheen with minimal efforts. I prefer it to the dull gray, it was too blahh for me.

[​IMG]

17. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

That's a great point, I been thinking about adding some jimping to my AB for that very reason.

18. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's looks a lot better :thumbsup:

19. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just picked up some security bits from Harbor Freight, and it is T10 that fit the T2 and not T9 as said before.

I was looking for the T9 and opened the box at the store and did not find one among 33 bits. But I bought the set anyway.

When I got home to try it out, and found the T10 security torx was the perfect fit.

I wonder why some report as T9 and mine is T10.

Are there 2 systems of security torx: metrics and American?

BTW, I have been flipping the T2 for a few days now and the pivots remain tight, no need for loctite yet.

20. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Are you using scotchbrite or sandpaper on the handles?

I like the look a lot, but mine is a flipper not sure if I should do this.