1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. Area965

Area965 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just opened the box to mine.

Great quality, no issues to report other than the small mark on the spine near first hole toward the pivots, like everyone else. The handles play is great, very little. I will get a new T9 driver for this and will do the loctite.

This knife does not seem to need any breaking in period at all. After a few standard openings, I was able to do index rollover and helix with no problems, although I am not a great flipper to start with.

I did not think I would like the squared-off handles, but they feel great in hand. The texture on the handles feel like the Sebenza 21 handle in term of grip.

I flipped it for a few minutes and love it. I might even like it more than the PAB. But this might be because I have been flipping the PAB for 3 weeks now, and the weight of the T II is a little less. I've always like lighter balisongs.

The specs on both knives are very close from first look. Except for the over all weight, the length, handle thickness are pratically the same.

The latch on mine is very stiff. But close/open lock up is very easy.

Those of you that have yours for while now, do you think there would be a problem with the latch lockup down the road when the take-up is gone?

2. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

Just received mine today.

My initial impressions: Wow. Very nice fit and finish on this. The tolerances are pretty tight. The only things that bother me is the rolled pin that holds in the latch looks poorly fitted and the machining marks on the top of the spine. The latch does not come in contact with the blade at all, but the latch does make some rubbing/gritty noise when it flops around.

Overall, a very nice balisong. I'm really glad that I purchased one. Pretty nicely balanced, but I think it would be better with those aftermarket block spacers.

BTW... I went to high school in SoCal... my high school had like ~85% Hispanics, ~15% Asians, 10 black guys, and 2 white guys lol.

3. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

ZotZot. '94 eh? still dominating with asians. also my home is right next to the 57. The area has changed a great deal during the past 10 years.

i dont think the tachyon was the only thing that came :jdwink2: also these shops are considered pretty mild. the better ones only do body paint :)

i dont know if BHQ is going to hold a thanksgiving/black friday sale but ill be picking up a tachyon 2 sometime next week. hopefully theyll have deals going on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  4. FlippingCrazy

FlippingCrazy BANNED Fucktard

How did I miss this? Must have....

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  5. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just received the first (small) shipment of black bladed T2 balis. I like these a lot more than I thought I would. The matte handles go really well with the black blade.

[​IMG]

6. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

Wow you're right. The black does look really good! Man decisions decisions. Idk if ill get the stonewash or the black. And don't anyone dare post that "why not both?" picture.

7. Helix

Helix Balipocalypse Assassin

[​IMG]

That reminds me I need to post pics of another one of my McAhron mods....similar aesthetic to this but with an AA.

8. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

don`t know much about tits, but that ass looks very real to me....:devilfinger:

9. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

black blade = no black background for flipping

*this flipping interjection has been brought to you by -=BRS=-, if this had been an actual attack by zombies you would need to purchase guns from our good friends at Atlantic Firearms, and some edged items from the good folks at BHQ, now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there In west Philadelphia born and raised On the playground where I spent most of my days Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
    Started making trouble in my neighbourhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air" I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
    License plate said "fresh" and had a dice in the mirror
    If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought nah, forget it, yo homes to Bel-air! I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
    And I yelled to the cabby "Yo, homes smell you later!" Looked at the kingdom we were finally there , to continue to contribute to the flipping community until we die.

10. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

I just got Bel-Air'd.... And I accept it an embrace it....

Goddamn it -=BRS=- :bwah:

11. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

The black blade adds a nice contrast to the titanium grey handles.

But I still prefer the plain stonewash blades. :thumbsup::manganr:

12. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

[​IMG]

13. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

I think that I recite the lyrics to that song at least once a month. Sometimes more.

14. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

Just got mine! This thing is seriously sick! The "take up" Thing is completely not an issue. I had to put mine together so I checked out the bushings and stuff, and the "take up" definitely didnt have to do with the bushings in anyway. So it is a little baffling. I would have to agree that it has something to do with the tang pins/cups. Although I really havent played or fondled it at all because I just loctited it. There is also no contact between the latch and the blade.

Im getting a close up look at it uploaded right now. I forgot to mention any of those talking points though.

15. kxchaput

kxchaput Huge member

Fuck. Im insanely jealous. Im going to drive to your house and rob you. Sorry calvin

16. Baliguy

Baliguy Huge member

Give it some time and they will trickle up north.

17. kxchaput

kxchaput Huge member

I love threads like this, but it kills me and my patience watching the progression of everything

18. Baliguy

Baliguy Huge member

Look how long the balisong community has been waiting for a nice high end balisong for reasonable price from Microtech?
    Waiting a bit longer is no big deal! -
    That's what I keep telling myself but the waiting is killing me also!:cry:
    I am trying to come with the funds to buy a pair of them.

19. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

good to hear. i really like mine too! honestly, i flip it more right now than my 42 or pAB. im going to call and just ask microtech about the spacers. i think it will be even better...

20. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

MT is working on spacers, I promise. I spoke with Tony yesterday and he is committed to making the necessary changes to make this a great flipper.