1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. Blade HQ

Blade HQ BladeHQ Knife Maker or Craftsman

The next shipment will have some black blades. The rest should follow shortly after.

2. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Thank you for the info! I may be next!:manganr:

3. accurate

accurate Accurate Devil JDBA Official Member

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. i shoulda gone to high school in socal.

4. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

My H.S. in North Torrance was more like 85% and most of that was 3rd generation Japanese.
    How come I never had an Asian girlfriend?
    Oh Yeah, cause I'm an idiot!:devilroll:

5. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Forgive me if this has been assessed, but what exactly is the difference between the Marfione Custom Prototype and the production Tach II? Is it just the Hollow Grind and Anodizing ,anyone have pics posted?

6. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Don't worry, nobody has asked this yet.

The Marfione is a handground blade, I have not confirmed if the handle slabs and hardware have been worked over/created by hand though. I've questioned the "custom-ness" of Microtech Marfiones for a while not knowing the real answer.

On their autos though, a friend told me that every component is custom handbuilt, so for that same price, I'd probably expect a full custom as well in the familiar shape of their customs, but who knows.

7. sawjaws

sawjaws JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Thanks Chris, I ment to say hand ground thanks for the straightening that out. I would hope its a very precise piece of Balisong at $439. More than the production knife! But to be honest (although not custom) I've had issues with a few of the last Microtech's I've owned..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  8. Chris_Himself

I've seen some variances in product quality over the years, but they still offer some solid products and deliver on time enough for me to consider them a higher end brand than others.

The fact that Anthony puts his name on a knife means you can bitch at him and him only if you find anything astray, but if it says hand-ground only then yeah.. it's what it is.

I think the fact that the handgrounds always come first is smart, I almost bought one just because I wanted to see the Tachyon II before everybody else!

I paid for my order a couple days ago, should be here tomorrow I believe, Anna from BHQ was very nice to talk to and we handled my business very quickly. Thanks for the smooth sailing BHQ!

9. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

same here. if youre familiar with the walnut/diamond bar area. went to HS there. like 97% asian. even the other 3% non asians know how to use chopsticks :bwah: we be taking over socal. the same goes for my university. UCI is totally asian invasion.

10. Chris_Himself

11. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

"out for delivery" my three favorite words.

12. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

out for delivery > in stock now

:manganr:

13. Luke Enas

Luke Enas JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

#0082 checking in
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  14. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I know that area.
    I did research while I was in college in Diamond Bar, Lanternman Developement Center? It use to be a military base.
    I think it was off the 57 in DB.

And I went to UCI as well, graduated in '94.
    Still a lot of Asians huh?:bwah:

While I never had an Asian girlfriend, I definitely had more "fun" among the Asian girls at UCI, than in H.S.
    Remember, the harder they study, the harder they "party", or something like that.:jdwink2:

Hope you're having fun!

15. x123

x123 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Holy shit. I just got mine a little while ago. If you haven't got yourself a Tach 2 I highly suggest you do. Thanks Blade HQ for bringing this beauty back to life. Mine has barrel spacers and is numbered. It flips amazing.

16. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I had to oil mine but it feels great. It is by far, one of the best Balisongs out there. Especially at the price they're selling for. I may even buy a second. It bests a Benchmade by far. I don't have the issues people are noting on their knives.

17. Chris_Himself

Please tell me you guys visit Vietnamese coffee shops
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fake tits ERRYWHERE

Also my Tachyon II came.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. x123

x123 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I was doing a chaplin and the knife flew off my finger and stabbed my leg. I just finished cleaning the wound and the knife. Ouch. I have a hard time believing the guy who said his was dull because...god damn this blade is sharp as hell.

19. hvapfsds

hvapfsds Average member

Received mine today. Did not think I would like it, but damn - this is one nice bali :manganr:

I flips similar to my AA, which i prefer, but still may try block spacers if they become available. I still do wish for the old style Tachyon latch, and this one comes no where near the tip when the latch is between the handles.

Already got stabbed by the needle tip and got another cut, good times.

[​IMG]

20. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

Cant wait! Mines somewhere on the road right now!