1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

and if they only ran XXXX of these ever?

2. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Let's say they don't run more afterwards...meet all of BladeHQ's orders. Then all the Tach II will be collectable because of the rarity as a whole. Not just the ones missing a number.

Quantity available drives collectability. Numbering (unless it's the first one) or detail errors aren't viewed the same as, let's say, errors on a baseball cards.

Order of collector value...Mutants (5) > Dirty Dozen (12) > Matt Cook Blade (20) > Production AB (200+)...all based on the numbers available. No matter what you do to the ProdAB it won't be more collectable than the limited predecessors.

But in the end it all depends on the collector and what they are willing to pay. So my statement is pretty general.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  3. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

How did you get my picture? This was two nights ago... :devilzeek:bwah:

4. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I like your eyelashes. Are those stick ons?

Mpsecare likes this.
  5. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

No..... but.....they're sticky.

6. TheBombGamerTag

TheBombGamerTag BrokenBlades

Camera, bottom left corner. Am I the only one to catch that?

7. calvinnation

calvinnation Down For Life

shes too drunk to realize that you cant take photos through clothing....

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster Average member

Dayum. Get some son.

9. Mystik

You guys didn't even link the full picture for the full effect:

[​IMG]

:bwah::ross:

Also, same guy, different girl... that black guy is definitely having fun...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2012
  10. J32A2

J32A2 Huge member JDBA Official Member

I love this forum!!!!

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Where the white girls at?!?!?! What kinda club has two black dudes and a crew of Asians??? All I know is that it ain't in Vegas:manganr:

12. crazspence

crazspence Huge member

welcome to LA :) please enjoy your stay and check hot girls in bikinis in the middle of November

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  13. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I've noticed this my whole life, and there seems to be exponentially more since my youth. It's all good.:thumbsup::manganr:

Good Eye, PERV!

Mystik is a CHICK?!?!?:devilzeek

14. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Well if that's the case.... the bunny avatar makes perfect sense.

15. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

hehe, good one.
    I thought it was just some guy with a "bunny fetish".
    You know, like Mpsecare with his owl thing.:jdwink2::bwah:

16. Mystik

Very funny, you guys... :bwah:

And bunnies are awesome! :thumbsup:

17. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Got my Tach2 a few days ago, and my brother got one too. Neither of ours have serial numbers, but his arrived with tight pivots and the take-up thing, and mine arrived with loose pivots and no take-up. I am waiting for my security bit set to arrive so I can tighten my pivots and see if the take-up comes back. Neither of our knives have problems with the latch hitting the blade, and both knives have great fit and finish.

So far, I don't think I would recommend this knife over a pAB. It is definitely a deal for the price, it looks great, feels well made, and flips well... but I absolutely hate the latch, and it could have been balanced a bit better. Hopefully the block spacers will help... that being said, there is just something amazing about the pivots on the Tach2. They are so smooth, the handles just glide around effortlessly. I don't know if it is because the pivots are much larger than the pAB, or if the tolerances are tighter or what, but I definitely prefer the pivots on the Tach2. On the other hand, I prefer the balance, blade, latch, and handle design of the pAB... if only the pAB had the tach2 pivots, it would be the perfect balisong.

Anyway, you can't really go wrong with either knife. Both are great flippers and both are solidly built, good looking knives.

18. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Certain parts of San Jose, CA.

I went to a high school that was literally 65% asian.

Good or a bad thing depending on what you like LOL. Man this thread got way off track real quick

19. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

id agree with all of that. the big pivots, tolerances, and fit and finish on mine do seem somehow better than a AB or a 42. but that's it. it still can't quite flippy flippy the same... but still very good, say as a travel (over hard surface) flipper, to conservate my more pricey/harder to find balis ... the t2 is competitively priced and actually *in stock*. when was a quality ti flipper just sitting around for any length of time in stock at bhq? i think its pretty important to the cause for there to be such a thing. competition grade titanium has been something you probably had to wait for, or hunt down, during the past 2 1/2 - 3 years or so.

earlier when i said a "few" people were having latchgate issues, i assumed it must certainly be more than that one guy the posted the pic. because my latch is very close to the tip. i can see if it dented the aluminum standoff just slightly, which it will the way i flip it, then the latch with drop farther and contact the tip very slightly. i am about to have to spin or swap the barrel, place an o ring, or remove the latch. but as a flipping myoptic person, the latch is trivial at most. because i tend to go latchless anyway....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  20. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Any idea when the other blade varieties will arrive and start shipping. Apologies if this was covered before.