1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade HQ Microtech Tachyon II Pre-order

TheJackofClubs Sep 11, 2012

1. TheJackofClubs

TheJackofClubs Huge member

2. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

evidence that prayers do get answered some times...good news for the end users...
    $30 over the 62 and no complains yet...well on our way....
    i am dead broke so i wont buy any, if i could i would buy atleast 10 of those, this knife will triple in value soon as Tony gang rape whats his name again....

3. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

[​IMG]

4. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

No brainer. I never thought the knife was worth $500? I've owned two previously. This price is plain and simple. It's worth it.

Order sent. Thanks for the heads up.

Greens to you.

5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Interested in learning more about "improved specs".

Like the price, hate the pre-order bullshit.

6. Kenny_Powers

Kenny_Powers Level: True Devil

I pre ordered they have longer handles than the original so it should be pretty sweet

7. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Epic!! So epic!

Long Ti handles (longer than the 42!),
    pb washers,
    154CM blade
    MICROTECH...and a MICROTECH at only $260?? That's nearly half of what the FlyFathers are selling for.

It sounds like someone over at microtech has been watching and listening because this is about everything a lot of us have been asking for (short of mass producing Alpha Beasts). This ought to be a big hit. I'm not saying it'll be an excellent flipper either, though it looks to be the most promising production balisong (flipping, fit and finish, materials, price) out of ANY of the major knife companies lately.

Pre-ordered without a doubt.

8. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Dang if the handles have slightly more radiusing and are as long or longer than the 42, and it's made to the tolerances everyone raves about the original tachyon...sounds like a home run for sure.

Lot of ifs, but it's exciting no doubt.

If for nothing else - I like it cause it's a big shot across the bow of Kershaw, Spyderco and Benchmade.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  9. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

Yea I looked at it and once I saw the price I pounced.

I am seriously going to have to up my flipping skills.

Cannot wait for the Alpha Beast vs Tachyon 2 videos that I know are going to come!

10. Kenny_Powers

Kenny_Powers Level: True Devil

I really hope they keep the bushings on this one

11. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'm sure that the Alpha Beast will probably still be the better flipper, but from just the specs, the T2 doesn't look too bad. And it's currently $110 cheaper so it's certainly more affordable and possibly easier to get then the Alphas. It's another balisong from a big company returning to the game, and it doesn't appear to be a let down to a lot of people like the 62 generally was....so good news indeed!

12. spookyse7en

spookyse7en Huge member

They just kicked Benchmade in the nuts with this. Best Bali news I have heard in a long time. Thank you Microtech! :thumbsup:

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  13. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

[​IMG]

"Boasting revamped specs with the celebrated Microtech fit and finish, the Tachyon 2 will be sure to please the balisong flipper, collector and overall knife enthusiast."

AWW YEA. A knife to unity the trinity once again.

I had a good laugh out of this too. I meant that there wouldn't be a shortage. of them.
    [​IMG]

14. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

I laughed at this more than I should... because it's somewhat true. :ssad::bwah:

15. silkworm

silkworm Silky Devil JDBA Official Member

A Bowie too! I'm on for a stonewashed p/e. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

16. DeepSkyyz

DeepSkyyz Skyy'z the limit JDBA Official Member

Got my preorder in about an hour ago, hope I have enough funds by that time.

17. Beelzebubbles

Beelzebubbles JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Just submitted my preorder for a stonewashed blade... Pretty excited to compare the my tach to the new one! If it's longer and weighter than the original, it should make for a sweet knife all around.

18. TheBombGamerTag

TheBombGamerTag BrokenBlades

I've never handled a tachyon before. But from what I hears it's pretty good. I think I'll wait and see how some of the big flippers like it; then I might buy one off the secondary market if it's any good.

19. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

Yeah I got to say the specs look very promising .. the handle cut outs mixed with length might end up with some very nice balance ... we will see .

feeling the price .. :thumbsup:

20. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Cool now I will have something to enjoy until my AB comes

:ropeman: