1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade 2016

Scurvy Mar 27, 2016

1. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Unfortunately can't make it, have fun and safe travels all:thumbsup:

2. J4K3ST3R

J4K3ST3R Average member

I'm making the trip, 800 miles for me

3. C-Bear

C-Bear Brigade Member Brigade Member

This happened to me too... Planned on spending about $500, ended up spending $500 a day. Of course that didn't include food or drinks which... Lets not go there!

THIS! Also, don't be surprised if when flying home you get pulled out of the security line and asked if "This is your suitcase"... Just explain (nicely if you can!) you just came from Blade.

4. Benwon5

Benwon5 Huge member

I will be there on SAT

5. mag1

mag1 No More Mr. Nice Guy Brigade Member

well decided this morning not to make Blade. Going to put all my money into a badass new kitchen for upcoming new house!

6. Muse1

Muse1 Little member

I'm looking at going for my second time, gonna meet some friends and hopefully buy something I totally shouldn't just because I can. Living in Georgia has some perks after all, such as not having to fly home with a 6 foot sword, although that would be quite the story.

7. Raindog

Raindog Will photograph for food Knife Maker or Craftsman

I'll be there on Friday only. I live 110 miles away and will drive over for the day.

8. Neil Ostroff

Neil Ostroff True North Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

Blade Show 2016

Hi

We will be there again but this time with our first booth.

See us at booth #432

Thanks, Neil @ TNK

9. Muse1

Muse1 Little member

Oh, I'll be there, hopefully before I leave my wallet in the trash can next to the door for safe keeping. Or I might leave it with some of the hand-made knife makers, since that's where I always ended up spending all of my money last time...

10. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Little member

Stop by and say hello!!!!

I'll be there all day Friday at booth V-7..... My buddy is a knife maker, Mark Hazen.

Stop by and see us!!!!! Check out his cool fixed blades and he might have a few prototype folders there as well..

Hazen Knives..

11. ErikM

ErikM knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I will be there. Table 10BB.

12. Chuck Gedraitis Knives

Chuck Gedraitis Knives knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I will be there, my 15th year. Table 5-E.

hankster likes this.
  13. Benwon5

Benwon5 Huge member

I am only going for tomorrow. Is anyone interested in meeting up, flipping, or walking the floor?

14. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

I'm kicking myself for having started using Instagram recently. I'm seeing nothing but amazing, exciting posts from all my favorite designers previewing some of the terrific knives they'll be showcasing at Blade this year.
    If everything worked out like it did last year, I'd be in Atlanta right now. BLARGH.

:banghead:

Take lots of pictures, everyone! And have an awesome, awesome time! :rollsmile:

15. Benwon5

Benwon5 Huge member

Just arrived

16. mag1

make sure to take some pics:devilcorn:

17. mag1

Heard Emersen had an incident with the shipper losing his knives so he cancelled his lottery, ouch!

18. zogglet

zogglet Better than Nutella Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Oh shit! God, that really, really, really sucks. I bet a whole lot of people were pissed. (Ernie himself probably had steam coming from his ears). Back a few years ago, when I was first really getting into knives, I remember watching a whole lot of video footage of Emerson's Blade Show lotteries. They were so exciting to watch, heh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  19. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Grand total of seven Shanks for me.
    Pics when I get home.
    I did score a nice Hobo knife.......pre 1900 for sure. I need to research some more, but I am thrilled.

20. mag1

thought you werent buying :bwah::bwah::bwah: