1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blackmetal1181 work in progress

blackmetal1181 Apr 4, 2020

1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

I don’t really pay attention to much on other platforms in terms of balis.

I’m thinking some people already critiqued this channel hellcat. I have no clue what was said but wouldn’t mind typing a few words.

Tolerances are excellent.

Lots of detail in the handle milling. The handles have a lot of grip because of the blackened finish. That milling in specific heavy finger traffic areas helps as well.

Considering i’ve seen some EXCELLENT finishes on your knives, this one is no different.

As far as my mediocre flipping is concerned.

The balance is good.

I always revert back to that basic fan, the blade drops fine. Shows it isn’t too blade light/handle heavy.

The balance point when laid out is at that middle groove(middle of the 3 under zen pin groove(does that even make sense)) which is in the sweet spot impo. Seems that middle groove is on purpose.

*Drawbacks are only my personal preference to be honest.*

This is a chunky handle in comparison to the slimline, i am used to flipping the slimline so i had to get comfortable to the channel.

I don’t mean that in a bad way. The weight is very light and well placed considering! I am def not used to flipping something this chunky. If you prefer something more rounded this will be something to adjust to.

***note i don’t mean the handles are thick and obtrusive because they aren’t.

I did a sound check comparision video, i’ll upload it to youbube very soon.

[​IMG]

thank you for letting me touch this beautiful balisong!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

But I bet jason cant do this on a blade
    crap on a stick.jpg

How do you make that many passes on a blade? Sorry, been drinking tonight

3. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

Nice photos! Nice family shot!

4. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Ya i cant do that milling on the blade cause i just got a manual hand crank mill. Working on getting a powerfeed so i dont have to crank it back and forth a 1000 times by hand

5. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

You have a robot do it

6. BennytheBlade

Sorry, I cant take it. That is a travesty

apdallaround likes this.
  7. Blalchawk357

Blalchawk357 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I don't care for the cnc blade look. Alot more places/people are starting to do it.

8. blackmetal1181

[QUOTE="apdallaround, post: 2019655, ]This is a chunky handle!

Its thinner than the v2 but not being rounded probably makes it feel more chunky but it aint

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  9. Rocco

Rocco Silent Reaper JDBA Official Member

Flip Tripper and apdallaround like this.
  10. apdallaround

to be fair, i have gotten so used to the slimline proto, and flip it exclusively. every bali feels chunky now. MAYBE I SHOULD REWORD THAT......

11. apdallaround

def worth it if you can snag one

Flip Tripper and Balibuyer like this.
  12. blackmetal1181

Oh ya dif chunky compared to that slimline proto

Rocco and apdallaround like this.
  13. blackmetal1181

Hellcat v3 proto #4 more jimping more milling still need to sharpen.
    Screenshot_20210403-152513.jpg Screenshot_20210403-152528.jpg Screenshot_20210403-152545.jpg Screenshot_20210403-152635.jpg Screenshot_20210403-152645.jpg

14. Rocco

Jason, I have Dibbs on THIS ONE TOO!!! I love that handle and jimping

15. Rocco

Please don’t sell to anyone else, I need that blade too!!!

16. blackmetal1181

Going to be starting some more v3s and whatever else so if anyone wants anything dm me only taking a few orders so asking jd first before i do anywhere else for a couple days

17. blackmetal1181

Messed up my hand falling through a patio roof helping a neighbor fix there air conditioner so im going to be taking a week or so off or untill i can actually work. Ill still be taking names for the list if anybody wants anything let me know

apdallaround likes this.
  18. Obijuan Kenobe

Obijuan Kenobe Our only hope! Brigade Member

That is RJMartin knives...robots and shit! Tolerances through the roof, uniqueness lost?

Naw, the Q is still the shit. But hand made....

19. BennytheBlade

Rj does a blade off the cnc but that's just for the rough shape. He finishes the w/ several belts by hand

Jason does a lot more by hand but that because he doesn't have the money to invest in a 80k cnc machine

apdallaround and Flip Tripper like this.