1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blackmetal1181 work in progress

blackmetal1181 Apr 4, 2020

1. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

2. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

slimline is a perfect name for

blackmetal1181 likes this.
  3. apdallaround

after watching the video a few times i must say that dude did a good job

some really beautiful picture shots and good flipping

since this design is just kinda a reverse of the one i have i’ll critique

i DON’T agree with the losing momentum thing. i can slow my flipping way down and the bearings glide it through just fine. the only times mine lost momentum was when i didnt commit to the manipulation i was trying. brass spacers would be like donkey lips

also the pinch thing is pretty bogus. the zen stop is barelly there. flip a barebones if you want to feel zen stop lash.

the slimeline is sick and they all look so damn clean

just my two cents on his video, everyone is a critique

Balibuyer and blackmetal1181 like this.
  4. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Great feedback from apd and the vid.

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  5. blackmetal1181

blackmetal1181 The Devils Knifemaker JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thanks i appreciate it your feedback on yours made me focus more on being more neutral balanced and i agree the light weight with bearings works, seems like most people are obsessed with bushings too rather than balance or feel. Slimline still in prototype phase tho got some more ideas on the way. The mini is going to get handles like that slimline next

6. apdallaround

bushings feel like a sloth, no wonder people need super lube

i dont lube the hellcat slimline at all but i keep it clean. its fast

i think bearings require more skill and everyone is scared of them because if you fuck up you really fuck up

7. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Ive never understood the bushings, bearings thing, but I know when IKBS came along, all the flippers went to bearings and the "tuners" went away. Flippers meaning non bali flippers. Of course, I dont flip balis in any serious, competitive way, so you know, take that for what its worth, but oh well.

8. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I'm with you Benny. I would say I had one bad bad experience with bearings. It was a tachyon 3 custom and you could feel every bearing. It was odd and I didn't care for it. I've never felt that in any other bearing bali have.

9. blackmetal1181

Ill have to do a bushing bali at some point but id like it to be a channel handle. Im thinking about it

10. blackmetal1181

11. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

EXACTLY....on both aluminum and Ti handles.......and i mean e v e r y single bearing could be felt.

apdallaround and seandavid55 like this.
  12. apdallaround

i’ve had 2 tachyon 3 AM customs and both felt exactly as you describe. it wasn’t quite gritty but you could feel every bearing. i had an omeme that wasnt that way and my hellcat slimline doesnt feel that way either.

exactly

must be a tach3 thing

Balibuyer and seandavid55 like this.