1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Big Antiqued Bowie

J. Neilson Apr 7, 2010

1. J. Neilson

J. Neilson Caught in the Mosh Knife Maker or Craftsman

This finish took awhile to become popular for me but, everyone seems to love it now. I'm doing a ton of blades with the boiled-mustard look. Here's a Bowie I just finished for a gent where all the fittings match the blade as well...

[​IMG]

This Big Bowie has a 10" blade forged from 5160 high carbon spring steel, edge-quenched with an antiqued/boiled mustard finish. The fullered oval guard and threaded pommel have also been treated with the same finish. The handle is Desert Ironwood Burl with a throat of African Black Ivory wood and is separated by a brass spacer. The knife comes with a tooled leather blade sheath with strap and loop by Paul Long and has an overall length of 16".

2. Soup_Monger

Soup_Monger Should be a custom title here

Outstanding, J

That's a beauty.

3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

You can add another member to the list of people who love that finish, J.!

4. Semper708

Semper708 I know more about nothing than you ever will My Ass is on Probation

J.....Nicely done, looks great! :semper:

5. zidfeldts

zidfeldts Brigade Member Brigade Member

Really nice!

6. KDOG

KDOG Huge member

I likes it...ALOT!!! Nice!