1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Beware the Rip-Off Sticker

Mr.LaBella Apr 17, 2010

1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

2. RWG

RWG automatic for the people

Great read Ron. Thanks for posting the link.

Dick G.

3. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

Now that true coat ............... that's applied at the factory.:bwah::bwah::bwah:
    I used to prep new cars back in the early 80's.
    The 15.00 we charged them for paint sealant ( wax ) was a 150.00 add on when they got around to charging for it.

4. Will

Will Zermeno Knives Knife Maker or Craftsman

I refuse to take a car with add on crap on it.

I found one I liked about 3 years ago that they had some chrome plated stock rims on that they wanted $1400 for. They finally took them off and put on a set of stock rims and I bought it. I still can't believe they chrome plated a set of Hyundai rims and expected to get more money out of them.

I also refuse to take a car with a dealership sticker on the back of the car.

At least the recent car purchase went smoothly. I normally hate buying a car.

5. shakie

shakie knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

You Jersey guys know Rt. 46 Lodi, years ago I knew a guy who legally changed his name to Honest Sam the used car man. on his license. Now he would'nt do stuff like that. Maybe sell you a stolen car, but you would get a good price.

6. bohica1998

bohica1998 Huge member

The last time I bought a new truck, I ran into a "reverse variation" (?) of this, kind of.

The truck had a "mini-donut" spare tire. I wanted a full-sized spare.

"Well, the 4x4 comes with a full-sized spare..., but the 2-wheel drive only comes with the donut."

"I don't want a 4x4. I want a 2-wheel drive. I just want a full-sized spare. I am willing to pay for the extra to get a full-sized spare."

"No can do."

"Well guess what, bud. I no can buy here. I'll go to another dealer and buy a different brand"

(There were several different models I was interested in. I bought elsewhere.)

Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? At least as far as options go?

7. Bruce

Bruce New Jersey's *other* Bruce

The used auto dealers on Rt. 46 in Lodi and in Teterboro (3 miles down the road) are all businesses built upon honesty and square dealings with prospective automobile buyers. They are all truly
    "MEN OF HONOR" and never lie!
    :bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bwah::bruce:

8. Fenlore

Fenlore I am Spartacus! Brigade Member

yeah, when I bought my car it had actually just got put on the lot 2 days before I had looked at it so they hadn't yet put a dealership sticker on it... worked out in my favour.