1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Best OTF auto for under $200?

Jackhack Jan 4, 2009

1. Jackhack

Jackhack Average member

Ok so i have that makora II but im looking for something under 200 that i can get.. im new to it all so if you dont mind throwing up a post for a noob then by all means give me some suggestions. I would prefer something lightweight, doesnt have to be serrated, and I like black powder finishes.

Tony8179 likes this.
  2. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

MT UDT or UMS gets my vote. You can find a lightly used one for under $200 if you look around a bit. Also Protech makes some killer autos, not sure what they go for, but they make a ton of different colors/finishes of each model, and they are well made :thumbsup:

3. Tony8179

Tony8179 Bone For Tuna Brigade Member

OTF under $200? That's gonna be tough to come by. There really aren't any OTF knives under $200 that are quality. You can find MT Ultratechs in the $235 - $300 range. The UTX-70 in the $200 - $225 range, but to me it's not worth it as it's tiny. It's actually an Ultratech at 70% the size. Your best bet is to check the For Sale areas in all the knife forums very often. I've found some sweet deals here on JD. I picked up a UTX-70 for $130 and even a Exec. Scarab for $200. Sometimes you're gonna buy something you may have to clean up or fix up a little. The main point is that you have to hunt. I mean look at me, I'm on here at all hours of the day and night looking for deals. But mostly because there is something to laugh at or learn about at any given time.

4. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

NOT OTF's though :idea:

I would say keep your eyes peeled and post a wanted ad here:jdwink2:

5. Desktop

Desktop Huge member

Good catch Mr.LaBella!
    :ropeman:

6. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Management pays me really well to be ever vigilant! :bwah: :cheesydevil:

7. din

din Huge member

ask for a raise. :ross:

8. nagod

nagod Little member

havent seen any reviews but the reissued paragon otfs might be worth a look

9. Norcalflat

Norcalflat War Dance

Oops, my bad, didnt read it correctly :ssad:

But like Tony said, you might be able to find a used Ultratech for right around $200, or if you want a single action you can probably find a Dalton in that price range too.

10. Jackhack

Jackhack Average member

Alright Ill go ahead and hunt away, right now im trying to decide between buying another OTF or maybe a mauser K98 or some sort of AR...

11. 321boom

321boom Huge member

the dalton tango is better than the tantilla,my 2 cents!!

12. zr24x4er

zr24x4er Huge member

The knives will allways be there, load up on guns and amo. Under $200 = used or paragon otf.

13. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

There's a $200 UTsumthingorother for sale over on holics as I type...

14. Jackhack

Jackhack Average member

lol i cant really buy any guns atm, however i did have some fun with a flare gun, some 12ga shells and 3lbs of black powder last night....

15. Iceman

Iceman GI-NORMOUS member

this one time at band camp......... :thumbsup:

16. Bobert

Bobert Look what I can do!

It was a lot more than one time!

17. PIC

PIC Unchained

Dalton "Tango"

I think these can still be found under $200. Dalton makes a helluava knife.
    rock solid and combat ready. check out Daltonknife.com.
    the Gentleman there can fix you right up. Mr. Kinoff

Jack~:bang: