1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Best lubricant for preventing corrosion

CDR_Glock Jan 12, 2020

1. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I had some blades I wanted to protect against corrosion. I spoke to Matt Cook who recommended EEZOX which was designed for guns. He never steered me wrong about stuff that he has recommended.

Well, here is a chart that proves that he’s correct. There are other agents that work as well, but I don’t like the smell of Ballistol (Hickok45’s favorite).

http://www.ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/corrosion/corrosion2.html

2. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Just curious, how does EEZ-Ox compare to Militec-1 or Ren-Wax? I have not found one product to be a panacea. Each one has it's strength & weakness depending on application. What have folks found for blades or firearms? EDC vs safe queen?