1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Benchmade 51 gold class worth?

Ekkawit Sangruengkit Jun 10, 2019 at 2:07 PM

1. Ekkawit Sangruengkit

Ekkawit Sangruengkit Tiny Member

Hey, guys, this is my first thread since I introduced myself to the JD community.

So I found this Benchmade 51 in a shopping mall in Thailand that looks different than the other 51 and the price is also very expensive (59,900 THB = 1910 USD). I did research and it seems to be an extremely rare gold class Benchmade 51-161. This amazed me that a knife this rare happened to be in a small knife store in a shopping mall. Anyways is this knife worth getting? Is it way too expensive? Or is it a good investment for a collector? what do you people think?

Attached Files:

2. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

3. Klyuchak

Klyuchak Little member JDBA Official Member

Overpriced, but if you can talk them down, would make a nice collector's piece.

4. Shawnjohn999999

Shawnjohn999999 Average Member

You buy that mofugger. Worst case you sell it on IG for a mint.

5. mike_geno

mike_geno Huge member JDBA Official Member

That's cool, but I think you can do a lot better with $1900.
    Serious question, Are you buying it as an investment? Put it away and get $4000 in 5 years? Cause for $1900 I'd be afraid to touch it.

6. Sparks

Sparks Tiny Member

I have no doubt that someone will pay $1900 for that knife. Some day.

I personally would not. Maybe $1400 if I had a benchmade collection going.

Klyuchak likes this.