1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Benchmade 51-1101

au5t3n5 Oct 17, 2011

1. au5t3n5

au5t3n5 Huge member

Yes, it is Green G-10 and Gold Ti. Yes some like it, and some don't. Please don't just post "UGLY" blah blah, try to be a useful and productive member of society. I purchased this knife more for the s30v than anything. Yes, I know D2 is only 1% away from being stainless, but it DOES stain/rust/develop patinas. There are pictures to prove this online elsewhere. That said, I picked one up and it looked better in person. Not like I am trying to advertise this knife, but it really does look better in person. This thread is more to show pictures of the knife taken from an average person not Benchmade or GPK. Just posting this to help the community out, seeing as there we none user pictures of this particular knife online when I picked up this knife.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Dat serial number mang

[video=youtube;SutWuza9aDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutWuza9aDM[/video]

3. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

There aren't any pictures because I created a VIDEO on September 6, 2011:

[YOUTUBE]6Q9xzBW1N1s[/YOUTUBE]

I like the knife a lot. I prefer S30V.

It looks a lot better in person. The stock photos made it look like HELL. That's why I did a comparison of how they looked side by side.

4. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

I actual like the green , but not so much the gold. Kind of wish they made the green G10 with blue liners.

And remember, "It's not easy being green" !

[video=youtube;51BQfPeSK8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51BQfPeSK8k[/video]

And at last, Geeez Doc, I waited that whole video for you to open the freaking knife ! Whats up with that ? :bwah:

5. supersuby

supersuby OG TRIPLE OG

You could always get one of each and swap the g10:thefinger

I like the green and gold, like the s30v to :thumbsup:

6. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

hah excellent posts

7. TRXRyder

TRXRyder Resident Devil

I like this one too. It would be cool with black G10 though instead of green. Maybe a blade swap or overall parts mixup "Franken-Morph 51" is in order here. As is though, yes much better in person and you can't go wrong with S30V.

I'm surprised these aren't sold out yet. I'm a hoarder and picked up 3 of these...1 for carry & flippin, 1 for my son and 1 to keep unflipped...Only 197 more made. Maybe people are turned off by the shitty stock pics. Get em while you can, even though it's only a 51 it's still a badass balisong for the $$$

I think they should beef this knife up with a little more weight. Maybe add titanium scales to match the blade and keep the anodized liners. That would be badass!

8. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

I'd like to throw in that for a limited edition its pretty inexspensive compared to the regular retail.

9. CDR_Glock

There aren't that many Balisongs collectors. Modern folders reign supreme as an EDC. People are bitter about the 42's demise. Many flippers feel this is too light. Not many Balisong flippers use their knife for cutting.

That being said, I bought mine in the secondary market. I was not enamored by the stock pictures, either. My first impression was that this was a ugly POS. after receiving this, with an open mind, I was very pleased with the acquisition. S30V is a superior steel compared to 440C, 154CM, and D2 for a user. The color is better perceived in person. There is no flipping advantage, though, in this design.

10. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Lol Austens and I are friends from an audiophile messageboard, I'm the one that got him back into balisongs...

11. CDR_Glock

Great job. If I'm not mistaken, he sold me my T-latch 42 user. I love that little knife.

12. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

It looks cool to me...like the color of money.

I unlike most here like high carbon steels and patina...I think that G&T patina on that Pandayan rambo was about the coolest looking bali blade I've seen in a while.

13. au5t3n5

au5t3n5 Huge member

yea...you are a bad person.

(:

14. Balisongdude

Balisongdude JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Any idea what one of these would sell for these days?

15. Baliman987

Baliman987 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Check out my Palethius 51-1101

[​IMG]

16. knateknife

knateknife JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

shiny

that looks awesome.