1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Benchmade 139s?

blaPsplaT Apr 10, 2021

1. blaPsplaT

blaPsplaT JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I bought this bali a looooooong time ago in Cali when I was a youngin and remember Jack shit about it. Cant even remember what I paid for it. After extensive research I finally discovered its a BM 139s... pretty sure. Anyone know how much it's worth? Anyone know any specs like blade material? I have seen everything about it from the first 5 or 6 pages that come up related to the 139s so I know all that (which isn't much at all). Besides those few pages I can't find much more about it. Think it's early to mid 90's production.

ALSO, the latch doesn't really stay shut open or closed but other than that it's in good shape. I have considered sending it into BM and really trying to hold them to that lifetime warranty. Emailed someone there about it and they said send it in and they'll see what they can do but I still haven't done it yet. Anyone with any experience sending ancient Benchmades in and how did it go?

Attached Files:

spookyse7en likes this.
  2. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

it worth threeefidy
    sending it in,it will not go well for you let it be

Pinoy Knife likes this.
  3. blaPsplaT

Yeah wonder what the Emailer was even thinking on it?

It's def no where near the quality of my modern benchmades

4. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

TBH, it's gonna be sorta hard to get a value out of most members. We've had a run of "I got this knife from my step-sister's father-in-law's cousin's half-brother and I don't know ANYTHING about it." Then, when it turns out to be something sort of valuable, it's up for sale for triple value. Not accusing you, jus' sayin' our experiences.

I found a 139 plain edge that sold recently on AZ Custom Knives (from Florida, don't ask) for $195, less their commission... (like 25% plus shipping, etc.) YMMV...

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1020069/

Balibuyer and Linos like this.
  5. blaPsplaT

Cool that gives me some kind of reference. I don't really wanna get rid of it I'm just curious about it. I'm pretty obsessive about blade steel and it makes me nuts to not know what steel it is made from. It cuts my fingers pretty good... so there's that.

6. blaPsplaT

Loved this in specs from that auction:

Attached Files:

7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

8. blaPsplaT

Woah, thanks!

9. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

crogers likes this.