1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

2. jujigatame

jujigatame Slanted & Enchanted

Harpoon Long Thaw white IPA today. A good hybrid style beer. Plenty of hops but still with the notable Belgian yeast and spice character. $13 for 12 cans is a good value as well.

3. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

4. Stu Gatz

Stu Gatz Huge member

This is what happens when "they" gain access to your travel Gear and Beer...

[video=youtube;CnBZ-3o0JJg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CnBZ-3o0JJg[/video]

5. Stu Gatz

Stu Gatz Huge member

The most recent Pikes Kilt Lifter with an Artificum Solis Clever Girl Persian style blade:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Stu Gatz

Stu Gatz Huge member

Here is my most recent...

PranQster well done.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
  7. jujigatame

Otter Creek Citra Mantra and Jack's Abby Saxonator.

[​IMG]

Citra Mantra is a nice IPL, obviously focusing on the citra hops, with good balance and the right amount of bitter. Quite easy to knock back a few of these in a sitting. Saxonator is one of the better American doppelbocks I've had. Not up there with the Germans like Ayinger but no shame in that.

8. Stu Gatz

Stu Gatz Huge member

Happy Saint Patrick's Day...

[​IMG]

9. Gregbo

Gregbo Little member

Beer with breakfast. Yes.

10. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Have one more for dessert.

11. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

12. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Another day, another Firestone Double Jack. :thumbsup:

13. AradOnRadar

AradOnRadar Huge member

have a barrel aged old rasputin, prairie bomb!, fifty fifty makers mark eclipse, clown shoes chocolate sombrero, and a deschutes abyss on deck....I have work to do!

14. jujigatame

That sounds very promising. Old Rasputin was one of the best RIS I ever tried.

I only had a small sample of Chocolate Sombrero once. I felt that the ash and chile flavors, while interesting, would have gotten too overwhelming for me past a few mouthfuls. An intense beer. They do seem to have a thing for big dark beers though. I really liked Vampire Slayer, now called Undead Party Crasher.

Picked up a sixer of Otter Creek Fresh Slice today. Very much looking forward to it after having their Citra Mantra.

15. nostimos

C'mon, keep this thread going.
    What? Did beer go out of style all the sudden?:devilroll:

I'll start her back up.
    Did anyone else try Lagunitas' newest limited release,
    "Undercover Investigation Shut-Down"?
    I know, lame name, but it's a pretty tasty ale with 9.7% ABV.

16. jujigatame

I tired that one a while back. Good in the usual Lagunitas way.

I had some Ommegang Rare Vos last night. A mellower, maltier cousin of their BPA. Nice flavor and smooth drinking.

17. MJ

MJ a most pure angel Lady Devil

:twocents:
    Don't do much drinking these days, but when I do, I go for an IPA. If I'm going to take in that many calories it's gotta be worth it. Seems like breweries in San Diego are becoming like Starbucks, on every corner. IMO only a handful of local spots are any good. Both Stone and Ballast Point two of the larger are locals breweries here, so most bars carry one or the other, a better place carries both :D.

Without question my favorite beer of all time is Sculpin. Goes down smooth, a little fruity but still the rich flavor of a good IPA.

Stones IPA is nice one, good flavor.

Alpine Brewery is not to far away from me. Very small spot, decent brews. The Nelson is my pick for this spot. Rich flavor, very smooth. The Pure Hoppiness is a close second.

18. nostimos

I met up with an old friend today,
    and brought two bottles of Rochefort 10.
    Probably the best Trappist Quadrupel that's still easily available.
    He's more of an Italian wine snob, but I got him to catch the "Trappist bug".
    He was told by a salesman at Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods) that La Trappe was the best Quad,
    and now keeps that and Chimay Blue at his house for when I, or other beer snobs come over.
    But he had NO IDEA what he was in for when I brought the Rochefort 10.
    HE LOVED IT!
    It's a bit pricey, but anything of this quality always is.

Great friends, Great beer!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  19. jujigatame

I've never been able to try anything from Alpine but always read very good things. I like Stone for their big & bold stuff. Their Self Righteous black ale is one of my favorites. Another one out San Diego way that I like is AleSmith. Their IPA is one of the first I think of for a classic "west coast" flavor and the Speedway Stout is nice too.

I picked these up yesterday. The Westfield River I've had before and like but the other three are flyers. The Mikkeller is one of their single hop series. I'd wanted to try one for a while but they're usually around $7 for a 330ml bottle and I'm not crazy about dropping that on an unknown. For $3.50 it seemed a more reasonable gamble.

[​IMG]

20. jujigatame

I had the Unita Dubhe tonight and thought it was very good. When it comes to black IPA/CDA beers I really like them to be strong and assertive. As I said above, the Stone SSR is a favorite and I consider it to be the high water mark for the style. I feel I can safely say that Dubhe is a fairly close second. Lots of piney hops, bit of mint, nice toasty malt base. Can't sense a bit of the 9.2% alcohol while drinking it, which can be good or bad depending on how many you feel like having. :manganr:

[​IMG]