1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. jujigatame

jujigatame Slanted & Enchanted

Ah, the long lost beer thread. Here's (most of) what I've had this month.

[​IMG]

Double Dose IPA is a collaboration between two Vermont breweries - Otter Creek and Lawson's. I've never had anything from Lawson's before but they are quite highly regarded. This one 12 oz. bottle was almost $6...that's how much I wanted to try it. It's a nice DIPA but no way it was worth what I paid. There are plenty of other options that are just as good or better to me and cheaper per oz.

Speaking of those options, here's one - Jack's Abby Mass Rising. This is the mass production run of their 2nd anniversary lager. More oomph than their regular IPL but still balanced. Still haven't tried a beer from these guys that wasn't very good to great.

Brooklyn Oktoberfest is a solid, no bullshit marzen for the season. All of the pumpkin and spiced fall beers can take a walk. I'll drink this.

Another good O-fest was from Weihenstephaner. I've had several excellent beers from this brewery but never tried this one before. Very nice flavor.

Last is Julius Echter. Had it several years ago and liked it but never bought it since. I got a 4 pack as thanks for moving some furniture and now I'm wondering why I didn't get some in all this time. A classic hefe that I enjoyed a lot.

What have y'all been slugging back out there?

2. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

3. Jakesshop

Jakesshop Huge member

image.jpg

One of my favorites.

4. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

I'm not a huge Red Hook fan but the seasonal winter hook. real dark, real good. That is if you like pacific Northwest beer.

[​IMG]
    mumbo fall forward by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

5. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

6. ffemtNY

ffemtNY Huge member

7. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I've been enjoying the hell out of a Rahr variety pack.

Rahr is a local brewery in Ft Worth, and their beer is top-knotch. I'm digging their Stormcloud IPA and their Ugly Pug black lager. Best $15 twelve pack I've bought in a while. :thumbsup:

8. havana d

havana d Brigade Member Brigade Member

9. v41kyr

v41kyr JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

10. jujigatame

[​IMG]

Norm by Wormtown Brewery in Worcester, MA. Oatmeal stout with cocoa nibs and coconut. Damn tasty. Lots of chocolate and coconut flavor without being overly sweet or dessert-ish.

11. 630skirmish

630skirmish Average member

Guinness and favorite strider

Guinness is a favorite, though I noticed it tasted better when opened with a strider :madaddy: IMG_2203 - Copy.JPG

12. jujigatame

13. nostimos

nostimos JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Posted this in the "who's drinking tonight" thread, but it belongs here even more.
    I'm more of a high end BEER person anyway, so here goes:

OK, I love my imperial/double IPAs but i've been on a total Trappist/Abbey ale kick lately.

I've had all three Chimays, so last Monday I picked up a Rochefort 10 to split with my cousin.
    Next is a Westmalle, probably this weekend.

BUT TONIGHT, I realized I had a large bottle of Affligem from a binge purchase at bevmo a couple of weeks ago.

Not a true Trappist, but a decent abbey ale nonetheless.
    Started at just past 11:00 and I'm feeling pretty good now . . . and full. :manganr:

This stuff has residue in the bottle, it's like freakin' liquid bread!:bwah:

[​IMG]

14. jujigatame

Those are a lot of the heavy hitters for sure. I've not gotten into the stronger trappist beers yet. Still working through the lighter Belgian stuff, pales and saisons.

nostimos likes this.
  15. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

16. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

17. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member

GEC # 71 bull nose.

[​IMG]
    mumbo gec farmtool by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

18. Mumbojumboo

Mumbojumboo Huge member