1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Post pics of the beer yall drinkin'!

Yesterday was Whole Food's 20% off all beer sale...

Here's what I came back with...

Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale (2 6packs)
    1/2 gallon of Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    6 Pliny the Elder IPA's
    Stone 15th anniversary Escondido Black IPA
    Stone Double Bastard Ale
    Entire case of Dogfish Head Burton Baton
    [​IMG]

On average I paid about the price of what pisswater beer tastes like. No offense to you guys who like the simpler stuff, but man once you get into craft beers, theres no turning back!

Also this year's Stone Vertical Epic comes out in 13 days! Here is last year's with my pre-pimped 42, and my bathroom masturbation material (Surefire catalog)
    [​IMG]

I'm broke as fuck, but life is too short not to set aside 2-3 bucks a day to save up for good beer! I'm literally drinking beer with breakfast right now for the first time ever and it's the best!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
    Mikey66 and maddawg918 like this.
  2. TPetsch

TPetsch Ice Cold Handshake

I like beer. ...Beeeer!

3. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

I used to make a lot of damn good beer - much better than almost all of the store-bought shit. I was only limited by Malt and sometimes Hop varietals that were too scarce to export to Canada.

I made Lagers, almost exclusively, unless I used the yeast strain that Sierra Nevada used for their Pale Ale. It was very clean and Ester production was low. Ales, otherwise, are just a precursor to hangovers.

I ran a Draft Setup and would make anywhere from 210 to 240 liters per month (and I still bought beer for a week out of every month).

I didn't share; It was just the ex-wife and myself powering through it all.

Ahh....good times (from what I remember).

4. Kenny_Powers

Kenny_Powers Level: True Devil

MMMMMMMM BEEEEEEER i think ill have one

5. b-mac

b-mac Mac Daddy Devil

The Double Bastard is one of my all-time favorites. I pounded two bombers of it last night. (At 10.5% I was feeling pretty good...) Try to find some Founder's Breakfast Stout, good stuff. I'm becoming a total beer-snob lately. Life's too short to drink shitty beer.

6. b-mac

b-mac Mac Daddy Devil

Just saw the case of Burton Baton...I'm coming over! :madaddy:

The shop I go to didn't get any.

7. Chris_Himself

You know, to date I've NEVER had a homebrew! I've been told that a fresh beer that hasn't been shifted around too much tastes amazing!

Always welcome to if you're in the neighborhood brother

How in the fuck do you drink two of those?! Thats amazing compared to me. I drink like 3/4 of it and then a Glenfidditch 12 scotch and I'm pretty done for the night. Oh wait did I mention I'm asian? I have like a 4-5 drink ceiling before it starts getting silly.

8. b-mac

b-mac Mac Daddy Devil

I'm 6'4" and around 245...and Irish...

9. Chris_Himself

That might do it. I'm only 5'9 and 210, I work out a lot and I eat and drink beer too damn much

10. GlockNRolla

GlockNRolla Intergalactic Booty Hunter

[​IMG]

11. Kenny_Powers

Kenny_Powers Level: True Devil

ill def hit you up if im ever up that way i never turn down a beer man

12. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

In the fridge: Two-Hearted Ale, Stone Pale Ale, Yeungling, Blue Moon, Hoegaarden. Put away until later: Wychwood Scarecrow and Hobgoblin ales. Not my pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Chris_Himself

Those are all great beers... Two-Hearted Ale?! You know that Bell's is insanely rare to find here, but they're some of the best beer you can buy! I had to beg and beg and beg to get a Hopslam, which might be the best IPA to date along with a few others which taste similar...

Dude you gotta get pics in here, it's a picture thread!

14. TacoMan5000

TacoMan5000 TacoDevilMan

I work at a place called World Market. They're based in California, and have over a dozen stores there. You should head over and have a look around; at my store we carry three Bell's varieties. We have their Amber Ale, Two-Hearted Ale, and Oberon.

15. maddawg918

maddawg918 mad member

You damn skippy, I'd rather drink a great beer once a week than a shitty beer every day!

This is the elixir of the gods:

[​IMG]

16. Str8ShooterEsq

Str8ShooterEsq Wartime Consigliere Brigade Member

You can get Pliny the Elder at Whole Foods?!!!!!!

I need to move.

17. Autoelite

Autoelite titanium addict Knife Maker or Craftsman

Not here on the East Coast. Cant get Pliny out here :(

18. Chris_Himself

All day erryday :D. 2 bottle limit though... except I come back like 2-3 times in one day on a weekend.

[​IMG]

My tip to anybody looking to drink a certain beer that you can't get here or want to pay for, just find something with a similar profile, there are plenty of beers out there with the mouth watering citrus profile of The Elder. I mean christ, you guys have Hopslam over there!

19. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Bought a 12 pack yesterday...

[​IMG]

20. stdlrf11

stdlrf11 A Most Impressive Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I usually drink Shiner, Sam Adams, Fat Tire or 1554. My buddy is a homebrewer and sometimes gives me some good stuff to try. Yesterday I got 2 Pumpkins and a Russian Imperial Stout. He told me to wait a week or so before enjoying them.