1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Beast & the Beauty

willhunt Aug 16, 2006

1. willhunt

willhunt much appreciated

First the beast.
    We are out at the lake.
    My brother-in-laws crazy brother spotted this thing lounging under my paddle boat at the dock. He gets down on his belly, reaches in there like the fucking Crocodile Hunter, and snatched it right out of the lake by its fucking tail.
    I about shit. I have seen bigger snappers, but not this up close and personal.
    He estimated it at about 50 -60 lbs. Looked like 100+ to me. I know this sucker could take a finger, or worse, off in a heartbeat. We let it go to scare the shit out of someone else in the future. Very cool animal. Kind of scary and disgusting, yet beautiful at the same time. Hope you like the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the beauty.

Then my daughter went out in the paddle boat and collected a bunch of water lilys. She put them in a bucket of water. The open shade light looked perfect, so I snapped a few pics. This one was my favorite. It is my new desktop.

[​IMG]

BennytheBlade likes this.
  2. yoffione

yoffione catching more than a buzz with this lure! Brigade Member

Great pics and nice snapper. They can be a handful.

3. armsraised

armsraised graphic design guru Knife Maker or Craftsman

great pics.

I saved a turtle from certain death a couple weeks agao. He was starting to cross a very busy street, I stopped my truck in the middle of the road, put on my flashers, got out and carried him to safety.

4. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

great story armsraised!

willhunt, the water lily pic has so much "depth" maybe is the word I am looking for, it seems as if I can touch them!

great pics!

5. leanne

leanne collects metal Lady Devil

ahh wow!!

cool pics!

6. demkoknives

demkoknives knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

wow, that is one ugly snapper, really prehistoric looking.

7. Drivetech

Drivetech Evil Spock

Great pics! Waterlillys are purty as can be!

Cool turtle, hope he counted his fingers after grabbing it...

8. Jeff

Jeff *uniquewoodworld*

That expression on the lower turtle pic's face is priceless lol.

9. WT351

WT351 Lone Star Moderator Super Moderator

Great turtle pics! I have relocated a few turtles when I found them crossing traffic. It's actually kind of funny how fast those little guys can move when you are trying to get them out from under your car.

I'm not all that keen on the biting though.....

10. Physics

Physics practices free lance gynocology

Those are some excellent photos!

I think that snapper should be the new jerzee devil mascot. :jdwink:

11. TKC

TKC Earthbound misfit Lady Devil

Great pix!! I love turtles!! Those water lillies are gorgeous!! I have rescued many a turtle around here too. There was a big one on a busy street, and I didn't want it to get run over. I stopped and picked up the sanpper and put him in my truck. There is a nice pond at the end of my street, and that is where I take rescued turtles to. It is a nice grassy area. Anyway, thank you for sharing the great pix!

12. Rozz

Rozz piss and vinegar Lady Devil

OMG those are fantastic! Those shots of the Lilies = amazing. The snapper is great too. I've never seen one before. Very nice, thanks!:ssmile:

13. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Dont know which one I like more, both are very cool, quality pics in there own right.
    Thanks for posting em.

14. Peter Lezard

Peter Lezard Hobbit of Fortune

Awsome pics man! The best turtle "save" for me was a snapper about as ugly as that one..... He was I swear, nearly as big around as a trash can lid. He was making good time across a farly busy street, heading the right dircetion...from a drying up ditch to a golf course water hazard, so I just stoped the Battle Wagon, flicked on the four ways, and held up traffic for a couple minuits...A older guy stopped behind me and came up to cab, thinking I was broke down...I just pointed to the turtle. He said; "Holy shit! Don't hit him, you might break your truck!" :bwah:

15. scibeer

scibeer Huge member

Very nice pix!!