1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bear Ops Wear

fluKeKe Oct 16, 2011

1. fluKeKe

fluKeKe To live & die on JD

Hey guys well since the B200 series has been out for a while now I was wondering how it is holding up for everyone.

So far my trainer is doing good, and trust me I beat the shit out of it. There is only one thing I can see. The tang cups are starting to indent a bit. I first noticed this when I heard the click of the handles hitting together at the end of the helix. Not to worried about it because it doesn't affect flipping performance. So how is it holding up for you guys?

[​IMG]

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Mine is doing well. Minimal cosmetic stuff like staining from sanding and similar tang cup wear.

No major issues affecting function.
    :ross:

3. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Those are just contact marks. The darkening of the tang cups is from the steel pins leaving a "streak" on the G10

4. fluKeKe

its tough to get a picture of it but it is slightly indented.

5. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

hard to tell from the photo but the top right looks to have a small "bite" out of the G10

6. fluKeKe

here is a better angle
    [​IMG]

7. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

that actually looks cracked

8. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Completely out of fucks to give Brigade Member

I havent got one yet...but are all the tang pins that uneven?...If they were longer it would spread the load on the tang cups...

9. deadpool

deadpool merc with the mouth

this is one reason I dont own any Bear, when I used to sell them, all of them I ran across had sub-par fit and finish, and none were ever quite the same as the others. Better than CCC stuff, but still not that price when I can spend a couple more bucks on a knife without those problems. Im glad to see the improvement of materials, but disapointed in overall quality.

10. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

Good post.
    I should be getting my b200 soon. I've heard so far from having to sand it, break it in, fix the tang, and one kid said his was fuzzy so he hit that bitch with a jet lighter. My K3 had wacked out tang pins i had to hammer them around.

11. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[YOUTUBE]BxuCeHUxoBY[/YOUTUBE]

12. keith56

keith56 Huge member

Mine is holding up fine,trainer is doing great,live blade is my EDC

13. steeldust

steeldust Huge member

Trying to upload pics. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I love the way the knife flips. I'm new at flipping so don't know how it's supposed to be. I think the tang pins steel needs to be harder/ higher grade. They are deformed after 3 weeks. The blade is warped. You can see the drag marks from the inside of the G-10 on the blade. Glad it wore in and no longer hangs up inside the handle. I don't know if the above wear is normal for all balisongs. It's what is see on this one.

14. fluKeKe

Your tang pins look better then mine. The tang cups look similar to mine. The wear on the blade can be removed with a little oil a rag and some elbow grease. I loctited the pivot screws and the blade play did get a bit worse but seems to have stalled out about where yours is now.

Do your handles touch in the open position? Mine do.

Make sure you loctite the small screws at the base of each handle. Already had one or two fly out on me. Luckily I was able to locate them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
  15. steeldust

steeldust Huge member

I haven't locktited any of the screws yet. That would be a good thing to do today. My handles do not touch in the open position. There is 1/16" space between the two. Will adding washers tighten up the play?

16. fluKeKe

Not sure if the spacer fix will work...you could always tighten the pivots a bit...

17. steeldust

steeldust Huge member

I took it apart, cleaned and locktited all the screws. Now the gap between handles is 3/16". Hopefully I didn't tighten the pivots too much.

18. fluKeKe

Always make sure the handles move freely before putting it down for the 24 hours setting period