1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Barebones or demon or 67

Nomoremrknifeguy89 Jul 31, 2017

1. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Nomoremrknifeguy89 Little Member

So I'm getting ready to get my next balisong here this Friday and I'm torn between a few. I own a t3, ab infinity , 51 Morpho,b200 ,b3,cf replicant and a couple ccc's. I want to complete the triforce and was going to get the cmf tanto barebones or the hammer mods one on Bladehq but iboth are now gone. Out of my bali's my favorite are the t3 and the ab, I have large hands , still pretty new to flipping, was just trying to get some opinions on Wich of the three are the best between the demon, stock barebones , or bm 67. I heard alot of bad about the stock barebones about rough edges and I was really let down by the replicant I got recently, plus I heard they are releasing a tanto barebones soon and that would be way cooler to me than the bayonet grind. I love the looks of the demon and large handles are a plus to me plus the price is good, and the 67 looks awesome and I haven't really heard any negative about it aside from the latch, the only thing about the bm is the handles seem a little short for me. Any ways if any body has any input it would be much appreciated.

2. Shizznt

Shizznt Tiny Member

I've heard that the 67 is short and heavy, and isn't really a good knife for flipping. Flyti scales will bring the weight down and make it an overall better flipper. The demon is longer and a little on the heavy side, and I believe it uses washers so there will be some handle play. The barebones is really thin and heavy from what I hear. Depending on your budget I, personally, would get a flyti 67. For my flipping style, I think all these knives would be too heavy for me. I've only flipped a flyti 51 up to this point, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Nomoremrknifeguy89 likes this.
  3. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade LUC4 JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I have heard (but not handled) the demon, with a little work is a good flipper, but out of the box tends to have a lot of handle play. If you dont mind working on it a little bit it

begreen61 and Nomoremrknifeguy89 like this.
  4. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

FlyTi 67 is an awesome flipper.

begreen61 and Nomoremrknifeguy89 like this.
  5. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I like The Demon but there is way to much play ,and your reminding me It needs that tune up . FYI When Desmodus speaks I listen , she said FlyTi 67 . Id be looking . She knows her shit . and I'm asking her all the time for advice on Bali's

Nomoremrknifeguy89 and stdlrf11 like this.
  6. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

This thread looks familiar, I have seen it before but I don't know where.... :devilzide

7. Nomoremrknifeguy89

I posted in another section when I was uninformed, and I'm sure it has been a debate before. I ended up going with a stock BB, it was all my budget would allow this time and I enjoy having modding projects.

8. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Nice. I don't own one but I need one eventually. Some people complain about it being a knuckle buster but idc, I still want it.

9. Nomoremrknifeguy89

That's how I was too, budget wise I got the triforce backwards because I was iffy about a stock barebones.
    I have heard alot of negative on the nipple and zen pins. I do however love the profile of the blade. We will see how it flips come Monday.

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  10. baliflipper845

baliflipper845 Little Member

I would go with the demon i have big hands as well and it fits and flips perfectly. I know this wasent in your options but dogbite db3.1 is a sick and smooth knive great neutral balince and for the 245.00 price it murders the BB and the demon if you go with the demon get the bushing system deff worth it!!!!!!

11. Nomoremrknifeguy89

I got the bare bones, and have a demon in the way, the demon I have coming is supposedly a prototype that measures 105mm as opposed to the 110mm.

The dogbites look pretty cool I almost ordered the 1.0 kit. But ultimately decided that I will get the 3.0, as it offers elmax, Wich is my personal favorite steel.

Now that I have the bare bones my next purchase is between a Benchmade 67 or a 87. The 87 I would have to make payments so the impatient part of me says no, but I hear it's pretty good and much better than the 67.

Does any body have any thoughts or suggestions? Max price would be $500.

12. BennytheBlade

Yeah a dogbite in elmax raises the bar I bet on lower cost quality balis.

13. baliflipper845

yep deff agree if you like to flip then the dog bite is a must own in my opinion i switch between bali"s and it takes a little adjustment to each one when I switch to but the DB is like your favorite sunday shirt it just feels right every time i pick it up

14. BennytheBlade

I have a couple of the original kits around here somewhere. Gonna have to put the together and get them adjusted just right.

15. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Nice can you look at my newest thread and add an opinion please?

16. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Have you done one before? I couldn't decide between the 1.0 or 2.0, and I gotta get the pivot lap so that brought the price to the same as a production, still going to get one eventually, just glad I didn't order a exiled cutlery kit lol

17. baliflipper845

yeah ill look be glad to help in any way i can but im like 20 min new lol how do i find it?

18. BennytheBlade

I havent done a dogbite kit but I have done many of the DDR kits. Fun to do, adjustable and not hard to get right w/ a little time and elbow grease.

19. Nomoremrknifeguy89

Look at balisong allance link on home page and it's the first or second new post, lol I'm pretty new too so no worries.

baliflipper845 likes this.
  20. baliflipper845

nope i never did the kits i got my DB3.1 put together allready