1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bang for Buck quad rail for amd AK47

Leatherface May 12, 2012

1. Leatherface

Leatherface leatherface Knife Maker or Craftsman

2. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

home built AK???? U wouldn't happen to have a spare pistol grip for my little girl's AK would ya?

3. dribdrab

dribdrab Huge member

The US Palm/Midwest Industries rails have a good reputation.

Anything made by UTG is questionable quality.

Buy once, cry once.

4. clockwork477

clockwork477 Huge member

I bought some UTG rail covers one time that were total crap. However the reviews on this seemed pretty good so I would youtube it and see what comes up.

5. Dferg10

Dferg10 Huge member

Those are nice, but consider the Midwest Industries rail too. Rock solid and well made. Worth the extra money. Here is one on my Mini SBR with a KAC handstop. They have regular AKM versions too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    JohnnyBmore likes this.
  6. Leatherface

hmm I really like the looks of that Midwest...To bad they dont sell a front pump thingy for the mossy 590 or I would be double dipping

now I just need to get my hands on one

Dferg10 likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Huge member

I always thought, that adding rails to the guns of the AK family stunk to high heaven, but that actually looks quite good.
    Very low-key and restrained. Nice job.

Dferg10 likes this.
  8. Dferg10

Dferg10 Huge member

Thanks. In general I am also not a fan of adding rails to AK variants either, but the hotdog bun handguard that comes stock on the Mini is not exactly traditional to begin with. I do have a second Mini that I will keep stock to serve as a donor gun if my SBR ever needs parts. I stained the wood, but other than that I am leaving it alone.

[​IMG]

9. Dferg10

Dferg10 Huge member

If MI did make a pump thingy for the MB 500 series, I would get one too!

10. MDCaldwell

MDCaldwell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

I had originally planned to put a US Palm/MI rail on my AMD 65, but then I realized all I really wanted to mount was a flashlight & forward grip. Since the forward grip was already there, I bought a chunk of rail from YHM and attached it to the already slotted forend with some hardware from a Tek-Lok. Mounted a Surefire G2 LED in a V-Tac clamp. Looks very clean & works great.

Obviously, if you want to mount a MRDS, you may need the quadrail, but adding siderails to the original forend is a cheap alternative for other accessories.

11. Leatherface

MD...I have thought of doing the same thing to mine, but with small wood screws...

12. MDCaldwell

MDCaldwell knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

That would probably work, too, if they're the right size. I used the Tek-Lok fasteners 'cause I've got bunches of them. The heads of the screws fit the counterbores in the rail better than the ones supplied with the rail. I filed a couple flats on the female half of the fastener to fit through the slots in the handguard properly.

When I realized the screws were bottoming out before the rail was tight enough, I used a couple of the rubber washers to take up the slop & make the mounting shock proof. So far, without any kind of thread locker, it hasn't rattled loose under use.

13. Leatherface

ok thats just a hell of an idea...thanks bro
    D