1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Balisongs Legai in Wsconsin?

taoist Oct 27, 2015

1. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

2. RRTvette

RRTvette Gonna ventilate you JDBA Official Member

Sounds like its headed in the right direction. It's legal to carry a balisong under 3.5" blade here in Louisiana, but no autos.

3. VashHash

VashHash JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Not sure if that's in your parish but i don't recall any blade length restrictions in my parish.

4. kuskert

kuskert Huge member

This would be awesome! I wonder what kind of policies would they have with a balisong? I'm from Wisconsin so I'm glad to hear this is hopefully going to be passed.

5. taoist

The bill was passed by the Assembly and now goes to the Senate.

http://www.akti.org/wp-content/uploads/2015-WI-AB-142.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
  6. ugotowned4

ugotowned4 Huge member

Im also in wisconsin for school and i would love to see this passed, don't think id need to carrying a machete but hey if it allows me to put my bali in a sheath under my shirt than id be one happy camper.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. taoist

8. ugotowned4

ugotowned4 Huge member

9. wicked436

wicked436 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

this is awesome :manganr: I just want to be able to take my balis with me without worrying about losing $500+ worth of gear.....

10. khanbrandonward

khanbrandonward JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That's awesome, now if only they would make them legal to carry in CA.
    :bwah::bwah::bwah:

Who am I kidding that will never happen here...
    :cry::cry::cry:

11. taoist

12. wicked436

13. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That Bill was for autos not balisongs I believe. Balisongs fall under gravity knife I think. Even in conceal carry literature they specifically mention balisongs seperately from autos/switchblades. I'm also from WI and would love to be able to carry or even legally own a my bali's but I don't think that's the case yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

14. wicked436

AB142 repeals 941.24:

Whoever manufactures, sells or offers to sell, transports, purchases, possesses or goes armed with any knife having a blade which opens by pressing a button, spring or other device in the handle or by gravity or by a thrust or movement is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

Gravity knives are included in this as far as I can tell... :thumbsup:

15. taoist

16. wicked436

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016