1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Balisongs in media (Movies, TV shows, video games, etc.)

dwts1 Apr 14, 2010

1. InfinityShade

InfinityShade Level: True Devil

I believe that him flipping it open is an illusion. That looks like a switch blade, a china copy of a microtech. At 8 seconds you can see that the handles aren't right, the blade looks like it fold outs sideways, you can also see the sideways pivots at about 6 seconds if you look close. This prop blade was probably designed just because no one knew how to open one.

2. Dayman

Dayman Little member

I'm pretty sure it was in the transporter that I saw a butterfly knife being used by a gang member in the beginning of the movie. I thought it was pretty cool :yuna:

3. crosscuttlery

crosscuttlery Enormous member

Ok on supernatural, theres an episode where sam and dean have flashbacks of being in a school and in the flashback sam has a bali fall from his bag, I cant see it well enough to identify it. Anyone know what it is?

4. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Last night on CBS the new series "Under the Dome" (based on the Stephen King novel) premiered. A benchmade 63 featured prominently in a few scenes... and of course, the balisong wielder had to be a psycho, douchebag, teenager.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Aren't they all?

:bwah:

6. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

The only movie I can think of where the protagonist is a good guy who uses a balisong is Demon Knight. One of those crypt keeper movies. It is on Netflix if anyone is interested. I loved it, but I like b movies so take that as you will.

He does stab some demons in the eye with a benchmade in the name of jesus/everyone not dieing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
  7. PS-RagE

PS-RagE "R" for Adventure JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Rick O'Connell in "The Mummy"

8. towel28

towel28 Level: True Devil

Just had the new three musketeers movie playing in the background, and realized Orlando Blooms character the Dulke of Buckingham, was playing with a bali when he captured one of the musketeers. This is kind of cool because I assume that the Movie is somewhere in the 16th century.

9. Mikey66

Mikey66 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

That was done by Dan Inosanto. Notice his flipping. Simple moves done fast and to perfection.

10. Mikey66

Mikey66 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

The Big Brawl - Jackie Chan

Ron Max was manipulating the balis which were customs. Really great for 1980.

buddy likes this.
  11. SlightChance

SlightChance Miller's Maddness JDBA Official Member

I am going to go watch that movie now! I believe that the balisong was made in France. I seem to remember reading that on someone's website within the knife community.

12. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

New movie to watch.... freakin love jackie chan flicks :assassin:

13. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Here are pics of the balisong from the film Battle Royale that was mentioned early in this thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It appears to be a Taylor/Seto Dragon Claw, like the one Glenn was selling awhile back
    [​IMG]

14. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

15. hellboar

hellboar Little member

There's some stephen king tv show out called "Under the Dome" (its free to stream on amazon prime) there's some really creepy stalker boyfriend with what looks like a 62. It's only like 2-3 episodes in so I'm not sure how often it will show up.

16. Helix

Helix Balipocalypse Assassin

Ron Perlman is wielding a balisong like a boss in several prominent scenes in Pacific Rim.

p.s. If you go see it, stay through the credits.

17. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Movies like that with endings at the end after the credits now always makes me wait through every movies credits to see if there is some cool ending material.

18. Mystik

Mystik That's no ordinary rabbit! JDBA Official Member

I can confirm. He does wield what appears to be a chrome CCC balisong in the movie. Add in some sound effects and bam! He looks like a badass haha.

It's one good movie though. I highly recommend it.

19. Matt_Thiem

Matt_Thiem JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

watched pacific rim last night, was awesome to see a bali in it. Bad ass movie for sure.

20. 22MEANTXGUNS22

22MEANTXGUNS22 Huge member

"Bones" starring Snoop Dogg, it was his weapon of choice all thru out the movie. Brief appearance in "Friday the 13th VIII : Jason Takes Manhattan" By one of the punks trying to mess with Jason. It was also shown briefly in "Invasion USA" by some lady who learns the hard way that cocaine is a hell of a drug ! :bwah:. I don't know for sure but I think the balisong made an appearance in "Three O'clock High" As well, this kid has been singled out by a bully so they try and frame him with a knife to get him kicked out, possibly a balisong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013