1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Balisongs and Guns!

CJF Dec 31, 2013

1. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

nice!

my carry permit expired a bit ago

with all the crazy shit happening it’s given me reason to renew it

been saving up my bass pro points, so close to walking out with a ‘free’ snubnose revolver

i have a few semi auto’s i can conceal but i really want a s&w revolver

*without starting a pissing match,
    what caliber do people prefer in a revolver?

i shot a 38special taurus years ago and liked it

but 38, 357.....?

was even considering a little naa 22mag maybe because easy to conceal

thoughts?

Balibuyer likes this.
  2. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

I like the .357 since I can load .38 specials for plinking and just screwing around, and save the magnums for serious business.

I had a friend that had one of those NAA jobs. He couldn't hit the side of a barn from inside with it. Something to consider....

I had an old High Standard double derringer in 22 Mag. Same problem as the NAA, couldn't hit shit. The problem with it was a ridiculous trigger pull....

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  3. apdallaround

so 357 can also use 38 special kinda like a 556 can also shoot a 223 but not vice versa?

crogers and Balibuyer like this.
  4. Balibuyer

Balibuyer JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Never carried or owned a revolver. Almost got the ole lady an airweight 38 last year but got her the rm380 (that i usually end up edc'ing for size) for no particular reason.

That Glock stays on a magnet in my truck, and was only taken out this weekend to go with me into one of my boss"s trucks so i could move some shit. It's wayyyyyyy to heavy for me to carry.

The boss had an airlite 357 in a scandium frame last weekend. I shot it twice and felt like the fucker could fly out of my hands lol. It was intense.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    apdallaround likes this.
  5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Yes, 38 Special will fit in a 357 Magnum, 45 Long Colt will fit in a 454 Casull Magnum, 44 Special will fit in a 44 Magnum and a few others. These will not fit using the Magnum shells. They're too long for the standard chamber.

BUTT*, 22 Long Rifle will NOT fit in a 22 Magnum. They're different sizes.

Now, when it comes to the 5.56 and 223 Remington... they WILL fit, but the 5.56 is a higher pressure round. Usually, it won't cause any major problems, but MAY cause some problems. Usually, they just cause the 223 barrel, and some other parts, to wear out a lot quicker. Very rarely will it cause a catastrophic failure, but, it's really not worth taking the chance.... The 223 Wylde chamber will safely fire either 5.56 NATO or the 223 Remington.

Balibuyer and apdallaround like this.
  6. apdallaround

thanks for the input gents

i remember feeling 100% of the kick from that taurus 38 and loved it. revolver feel is def nothing like a semi auto, jump out of hands indeed.

i’ll carry my kahr pm9 till i decide on something

i love my glock 19 but i never liked carrying it concealed for long

will stay away from naa 22mag, i’d want more knockdown power anyway

Balibuyer and crogers like this.
  7. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

I know there's a lot of Bali lovers on this forum so I'll post the only one I have...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    chutcher and apdallaround like this.
  8. apdallaround

what balisong is that? also what 1911?

great pic!

9. Huevos

Huevos muy grande!

Thanks! The Bali is a Swat Tiger and the 1911 is a Les Baer TRS Comanche... :D

snakebill and apdallaround like this.
  10. Blalchawk357

Blalchawk357 JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Thats a prrtty 1911

Samb likes this.