1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Balisong mods!

deadpool Nov 2, 2011

1. deadpool

deadpool merc with the mouth

I'm a fan of modifying almost all of my knives and tools, its my way of making it more personal. I've got a sweet double edged weehawk BM42, and my kimura has a touch of deep filing to enhance grip and drop weight, and make it look less plain. What mods do you guys do, anybody have a unique mod to share?

2. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore Balisong defender

Would really like to see the Kimura!! :ross:

Pretty please .. sounds shweet .

3. deadpool

My kimura is with Linos at the moment, and I'm only about a third done, but I do owe you guys a pic, I did promise...

4. FriskyDingo

FriskyDingo knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Moonglow handles on the Kimura count?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rokboks

rokboks Huge member

Woaaaaahhh :devilzeek i always wanted to experiment with glow powders and stuff how'd you do dat?? props!

6. Uz4u

Uz4u Misanthrope

Dude, is there anything you don't put Moonglow on?

not that moonglow isn't badass, cause it is :yuna:

7. fluKeKe

fluKeKe To live & die on JD

We need to have a massive rave were everyone has a moonglow bali and is flipping. That would make a really cool video.

8. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

I mod almost all my knives. One 42 has been ano'ed a few times and then sanded to bare metal. Another 42 has blue ano'ed holes. My 40t has gone through many iterations. Currently, it's green/aqua. It's actually my test bali for ano'ing. I stripped the blue ano and swirls off my 51. I canibalized my fake 42 and put g10 scales on it and ground the blade to a pseudo bowie. My "black" Twist now only has black grooves and most of the black has been removed from the blade. My Bear&Son B200 and B201 have switched handles and I am still seriously considering grinding a crown/filet/curved surface onto the face of the handles... maybe.

Plans for the future. Ano'ing my AA to be light blue and my 40 will eventually have the "military" or grey ano. Maybe ano a design on my bare 42. Pretty much any Ti handled knife I have may eventually change colors. I've toyed with the idea of coloring my Mayhem. It's what I do to my knives.

9. FriskyDingo

FriskyDingo knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

No. :manganr:

There's a difference between Moonglow and glow powder. While I do make my own acrylic in other colors, Moonglow's a brand name product that comes in acrylic sheets. It's pretty brittle so you shouldn't really make unsupported scales out of it (cough Spyderco Manix 2 cough... okay theirs have skeleton liners but still I have reservations) but you can use it as overlay. It's a bitch to work with tho and it's so easy to break and VERY expensive/hard to come by.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  10. deadpool

you wont date rape me, will you...or WILL YOU...hahahaha:manganr:

11. fluKeKe

I like surprising people. :bwah:

12. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

rape is more of a felony then a surprise... try again.

13. fluKeKe

[​IMG]

14. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

where as I am the success and you are oprah.
    now stfu and give everyone in the audience a new fridge.

;)

L.

15. KMNREMTP

KMNREMTP Devil's Playmate

rape is only bad of one or more parties is unwilling though!

16. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

"you said rape twice"
    [​IMG]
    "I like rape"

On a serious note:
    [​IMG]
    woo

17. gza

gza Huge member

Less playing into the dumb bali-bro stereotype, more discussion.

In my humble opinion...

18. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Frisky made my Moonglow. It's awesome. There are only two ever made.

19. Pathian

Pathian Huge member

[​IMG]

20. deadpool

WTF happened here?... oh yeah...something about a moonglow rave and roofies... then Teddy got all rape like and now Im lost, so how about them crazy butter knives you kids seem to be into these days?