1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Balisong Demographics

CDR_Glock Dec 27, 2010

1. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

50 now.

:yeahthat:

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Bali Demon JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Wow, you're a Half Centurion. There should be a golden wheelchair that you should be awarded, Bro. Bwahahahahahahaha.

I'm not too far behind. I'm 42.

3. -It

-It Little member

Student

Intrest started 1-2 Years for collecting/flipping

On a side note thanks CDR_Glock for bringing up some interesting material to read. I was really get sick of those VS. threads and other material that got redundant and over used.

CDR_Glock likes this.
  4. wcjohn

wcjohn Sum Quod Sum JDBA Official Member

Amongst a whole lot of other stuff I care for animals that would laugh at you then crunch up your bones like potato chips.

My grandad gave me my first knife when I was 8 or so. Or was it my uncle? Collected this and that for years as a kid growing up. Fixed blades and folders mostly. Lost my collection under shitty circumstances. Got back in to collecting a couple years ago. Then got a bali or two and started flipping and collecting them as well.

5. pchang.ns

pchang.ns Huge member

Student

Only just started flipping after I got my first bali 2 months ago.

6. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Plumber

Had balis from my teens first when i was 13, seriously flipping about 4 years. Collected for some time but sold off to change hobbies into firearms, Clay at balisong xtreme got me back into balis back when vids took hours to load...remember dial up! Found the Flipping Arena by accident looking for quality balis online and that lead me here

34,wife, daughter & mortgage so total age around 90+:manganr:

7. redsnake93

redsnake93 Huge member

1. First year in college, so I work at a American-Vietnamese cafe.
    2. On and off for 3 years.
    3. 18

8. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

Do you work at one of these?
    [video=youtube;fOePtke4MrY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOePtke4MrY[/video]

9. Killerstephen

Killerstephen JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Software testing for a gaming manufacturer.

Every dude loves knives growing up... Didnt really get into flipping or collecting till around the time I registered though. I definitely wouldnt be spending this kinda money on knives, or even flipping really if I hadnt found this place while searching for a better balisong. I like it here.

Ill be 29 on Sunday.

10. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

1. General computer geekery
    2. Had a terrible CCC when I was 13, loved it, but it broke way too soon. Nearly 20 years later I finally bought another bali. That was about a year ago.
    3. I'm 33, but I feel 83. "OWW MY BACK." "DAMN KIDS KEEP OFF MY LAWN!" etc.

11. jb3ofdiamonds92

jb3ofdiamonds92 Huge member

WireCo US Reel, i cut wooden circles 10 hours a day

been flipping since May of this year

i'll be 20 next friday :thumbsup:

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  12. krhen

krhen Huge member

1. Online Marketing/Interactive
    2. 35 years with a large sabbatical between grad school and last couple years (we call it the Family Focus of Funds Factor :manganr:)
    3. Age 45

It might also be cool to understand what brought folks to this interest, like

- MA training
    - Knife collecting
    - TV/Movie/Media
    - Saw a friend flipping

etc?

For me, MA training

JohnnyBmore likes this.
  13. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

1. Security guard at lumber yard.

2. I remember having a bunch of cheap knives collected as a small child. I would ask my mom for butter knives when i was very small. As far as i can tell i came out addicted to knives. Once when i was in prison i made a weekend pass and learned how to use YouTube. There was the blasto featured. I watched bunches of bali videos that weekend. Until i was released i though about those videos. I also ran track a lot. Something about the balisong seeming faster and more nimble than a typical knife really stuck with me until i got out. At that time i dug out an old cheapo and got started. That was a lil over 3 years ago.

3. Im 27.

14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

1. Corporate Finance Manager (hate the job but it pays for my addiction)

2. Collecting and basic flipping for a few years, started to take flipping more seriously a few months ago because I didn't want to look stupid in the August Comp.

3. Just turned 36 on October 2. Refer to the "How Old Are You" thread for details as to why I'm not sure if that's my real age.

15. TheBombGamerTag

TheBombGamerTag BrokenBlades

1. Steel Fabricator

2. I got my first Bali back in February 2011 on a ski trip in CO. I got it because I've always been a knife enthusiast and I never owned a butterfly knife. I learned the basic horizontal opening and fell in love. A week or so after I got it it broke. I then fell away from flipping, until I was digging through my old knives and saw my old CCC. So I decided to look around to get a new cheapy to learn more tricks. This was back in December 2011. I didn't get my next Bali until February 2012. So I've been flipping for about 9 months.

3. 17

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  16. Glenn

Glenn Sol Invictus Knife Maker or Craftsman

So let me get this right. When I listed a Bali sale and it stated buyer must be at least 18 years of age. You made a buy anyway .:ropeman:

I'll keep in mind you can't buy anything I sell for at least a year and a month. :devilfinger: :bwah:

tx101 likes this.
  17. Nathan Dewey

Nathan Dewey That guy you know Knife Maker or Craftsman

Self employed.

18. kizuf

kizuf czechee ďábel JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Data mining (hmm, potentially interesting information/dataset forming here in this thread :ropeman:)

I like knives since I was a child and had my first knife, probably one like this
    [​IMG]
    I'm into balisongs since a year ago when I saw Szabofly and in a search for more info I got to JD...

19. TheBombGamerTag

TheBombGamerTag BrokenBlades

Spelling mistake. :jdwink2:

:fixed:

20. redsnake93

redsnake93 Huge member

Haha if I could work there everyday and not be forced to wear a bikini that'd be the life. But that does give an idea to tell my manager...:devilzeek