1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bali Royal competition at the Blade show.

Linos Jun 6, 2017

1. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

Congrats to every body and...
    any chance we get a breakdown of who competed(names and or handles) and the knives they each used?...not everybody here goes on Facebook, twitter or Instagram

XtraMedium likes this.
  2. DarklightY2K

DarklightY2K Huge member

The competition was legit. I'm not quite sure where you can get all that information but if anyone has it it's probably Lawrence/knifezoid from BRS, he seemed in charge of the show.

3. Linos

...you used to get all the information about something like that in the JDBA ...I guess now it`s a pipe dream...
    we `re facefucked....errrr facebooked....

seandavid55 likes this.
  4. SpydercoLover

SpydercoLover Level: True Devil

I used a proto Atlas thats all i know. I think KZ has all the names of everyone who competed, there were quite a few that i didnt recognize

5. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

Is there any footage of the flipping? I know flipzone999 won but beyond that I dont know much about it.

6. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

Yeah bladehq livestream the whole competition. But of course, on fb

7. XtraMedium

XtraMedium Devil's Cohort JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I watched the live stream. I may be able to get some of the info. Maybe all of it. Let me reach out and see what I can do. It would be cool to see it all here in one place. Fantastic idea Linos.

desmodus likes this.
  8. XtraMedium

I got a hold of the actual bracket. When I get home from work tonight I will resize pics and post them here. It won't tell what knife they used, but it will show who was there and where they finished. Pics coming soon.

stdlrf11 likes this.
  9. XtraMedium

IMG_3717.jpg IMG_3718.jpg

10. XtraMedium

Best I can do while I'm working. I think I put the bottom on top and the top on the bottom. Lol

11. skyblue

skyblue JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I sure you can find footage on YouTube...

12. Linos

...reading is fundamental....

XtraMedium likes this.
  13. buddy

buddy Slide to unlock JDBA Official Member

begreen61 and XtraMedium like this.
  14. XtraMedium

15. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

We definitely would have sponsored something or thrown in some swag.

No one approached us, or* we are no longer relevant :bwah:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :bwah:

16. XtraMedium

The fact that JD was completely left out doesn't sit well with me. Honestly, I didn't even think about it until you made this post, but I would think it would have been a natural connection.
    I am planning on making the trip and competing next year. I will wear all JD gear!

17. XtraMedium

Also, Flipzone (the overall winner) used a standard V1 BRS Replicant throughout the competition.

18. Linos

judging from the members participation in this subforum lately I`d take a SWAG and say you are correct....:2tonheavy:
    BTW I went to the Daytona 200 last year and when I asked for information like who are the ridersand what bikes they ride they told me t go watch some youtool videos and figure it out myself.....

XtraMedium likes this.
  19. HedaCoon

HedaCoon *is not a coon Lady Devil JDBA Official Member

It was mainly the bladehq and brs event with bladehq pulling strings for space to compete and brs doing all the footwork like the promotional arts, donate their knife, keep track of the people, determine the judges, etc. It was rightfully so that the event became a brs oriented event to promote their name/products, and some recognition for other knife makers with donated balis for runner ups. At the end of the day, it was mainly a promotional event that went really well for 1st year but it could have been better if they had planned for the "footwork" to contribute equally by all the participating makers. On the plus side, Jerry was wearing JD shirt as a judge ;)

XtraMedium and desmodus like this.
  20. Ben.

Ben. Not FBI JDBA Official Member

That night after the competition I ran into a gentleman wearing a JD shirt. I asked him who he was on here and he couldn't even remember his name! I gave him the benefit of the doubt as he tried to look it up on his phone and after 5 minutes of fiddling around gave up. Do we have a poser on the loose?

XtraMedium likes this.