1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bali Price Guide?

Andy T Jul 6, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Ahh 1.0, I had one and with the 2.0 pivots installed, it was fantastic, so nice I didn't want to really flip it, worth withing $20 of the 2.0, for your price guide.

2. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

The Deal Spotter thread comment was a side note...hence the word "also".

***Ok, maybe I might be giving this pond too much credit...but this is the same pond that thinks BM should listen to them

3. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

... and how well has that been working out for them / us / it ?

The BM example only goes to further prove my point. Wherever BM is fishing it sure as hell isn't in our cove of the pond.

4. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

One more thing...the deal spotter thread drove sales in the voodoo, bladeforum, bladehq, and various other sales location. How is that not impactful in this "ocean".

***Calling the balisong community an "ocean" is a stretch...but I get your point:thumbsup:

5. Jimdo

Something "driving sales" and being a ""huge contributor to the recent price increase in balisongs" are two completely different things.

I would never disagree with you in terms of it increasing sales at various locations but that doesn't directly correlate with price increases. Hell, MANY of the knives that sold at these various locations were indeed DEALS and were, as such, under priced. (I know I've got a few from the thread and I know that I missed many more).

Edited to add: Though, I suspect had the thread not existed those same knives would have sold, just not to members of our little pond, to other folks.... out there in other parts of the ocean.

Ronin0821 likes this.
  6. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Ya know what man.... Between being into balis/knives, comics, Magic: The Gathering, (various other collectible card games here), and shit of the sort...

I'm fuckin DONE....

I'm goin back to POGs....

7. Jimdo

[​IMG]

8. Kungphu

Kungphu Huge member

I think that this is a good idea. Some new people, like me to the balisong/knife community, don't really know what stuff is worth. A general idea of what anything is worth could be helpful. For example the kimura knives are orginally priced at like $100 on BladeHQ but they are selling for more sometimes. It would be helpful to know if I or anyone was getting ripped off.

9. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Your face can go fcuck it;s sekfs

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  10. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

11. Jimdo

Damn.... you got me good with that one, bro! Sick Burn!

Silent Jay likes this.
  12. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

just because the next one is better, that dosent mean that the one you got is bad, which is something that not all people understand

13. nman729

nman729 Average member

That's exactly what this is, adult collectable knife games lol!

14. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I think THAT is entirely dependent on their inherent SIZE.
    If when you have them near grass, and you are afraid they might start grazing--then I would go with herd.
    If however they aren't that large..AND they pride themselves on other areas of their specialty, then gaggle.
    (Not not mention that a "GAGgle" sounds like a 'gag gal'.)

Just my .02

15. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So although I DO see your point,Jimdo,
    I would point out that buyers AND sellers have options and choices so your statement isn't unilaterally true.

-I have done just THAT here at the JD for knives that I felt I didn't have "access" to.

Some are simply not produced in mass quantity, or the number that were made are being held/ saved/ flipped or whatever. My point is that if there aren't many of said item, and the seller had something offered to me that I knew she could get much much more for--that she was helping me out, basically.

MY answer/ choice was to send the money that I felt she could have gotten for the knife (from just about anyone -simply by posting it. --it could have sold at MY higher price in minutes.---but she offered it to me at a low price-so I sent more than what she asked.
    Would I NOT use a coupon or discount-no i likely would. But my point is IN THE PROCESS of buying and selling we DO have choices at our disposal. And this, This was my way of trying to honor and acknowledge the fact that she COULD have asked or gotten more.
    In fact, I told her this, and sent more than she asked for. End result-she sent the 'overage' money back and kept to her original (lower) asking price.

16. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

MTG for the win!!! :ross:

Hey now there will be going to fuck ones self without my express permission

But I'll allow it :devilfinger:

Now are we talking size (I.e. #) of the group as a whole or size per hooker unit?
    Because I believe if we keep the money as a constant, they would be directly proportional.
    Bigger girl = less money per hooker unit= more hookers, assuming of course fix money total and no drastic outliers.
    Although this being true the grazing factor could pose a significant issue :bwah: :jdwink2:

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  17. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

18. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

I'm guessing that the Price Guide thing didn't work out as planned ?

Jimdo likes this.
  19. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

these guys are killin me! :unintroduced:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.