1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bali Price Guide?

Andy T Jul 6, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Guys have been ripped for that. That's not cool either. Again a reference would help buyer and seller....not determine bottom line price, but ballpark for each.

2. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Nah, he's not ready for a visit from the angel of death yet... But you on the other hand, do look cute sleeping at night with your scarf on :devilfinger::bwah:

I guess it depends.. Is the seller a nameless ebayer, or is he a Devil in the voodoo? Does he know what he has, and is offering a deal; or is he ignorant to balisongs, but wants to seek some information at the JDBA?
    Honestly, not saying it's what has to be done... but if I felt someone was offering a knife up at way less than market value because they had no idea what they had, I would feel obligated to tell him it was worth more.... But, should we scan the voodoo and tell anybody who has a knife up for cheap that they could get more for it? Absolutely not.

3. chrisevo8

chrisevo8 Huge member

You guys made me feel bad for selling it for $350 shipped, insured, pp fees so after the the buyer said he would take it i lowered the price because i didn't want to seem like a dick trying to just make a quick buck. i honestly thought i was being fair with the price but it offended some.

4. 13jasoN

13jasoN JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Not meaning to do that at all, even stated that. You could have sold it for more. Just wanted to use it as a reference of how fast sales happen for items.

Not meaning to make you feel bad about your sale at all.

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  5. chrisevo8

chrisevo8 Huge member

I defintely don't feel bad for what it sold for. I just don't want someone to feel i ripped them off. I own a business that does a little over a million dollars in sales a year and customer satisfaction is fairly important to me. I know as a consumer i want to be happy with the price i paid for something .

6. 13jasoN

13jasoN JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Absolutely agree, if I had the money, I would have bought it for what you listed, hell, I would have paid higher than what you had asked. Again, I didn't mean to put any attention on the price, just the speed at which it sold.

7. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

If a buyer felt they were getting ripped off they shouldn't (wouldn't) have bought it. And if they did (would), that's....Anyways don't stress it...

8. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

now I'm a high school drop out but... I can even see that if something sells in minutes it's obviously worth more, buyers dictate the market, not sellers

9. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

and that is what i pointed out earlier, that with all the WTB for ab2.0's, the market is obviously poised to pay more than what a general run of milll used ab is worth, considering they are of limited supply

10. DeadPuppy

DeadPuppy JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I see no love for Gen 1 PABs... thats one reason i never preorder stuff anymore. Everyone always wants the updated versions.

I guess I'll just have to keep my old lame Alpha Beast.

11. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

NWA

***mo money, mo problems:manganr:

12. Chris_Himself

Chris_Himself Bay Area Devil Alliance

ahahahaha im dyin

13. Blip Noir

Blip Noir JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I have a Gen 1 as well. I guess it's a Beta Beast instead of an Alpha now.

14. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Sure they do all I was referencing was that I am not sure if the logic of Anthony's example stands up. A lot of variables in there.

Of course one of the hallmarks of the invisible hand theory that a lot of the folks seem to gloss over is that for a market.to work efficiently you need "adequate information". I think most of what these threads are about is defining just what that means.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  15. AnthonyTheAbyss

The deal spotter thread is a perfect example of a vehicle driving artificial demand.

It's not a question if the example stands up...it actually happened.

***While there are other factors involved, Kickass and The Deal Spotter thread are two big contributors to the increase in balisong prices

16. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I think you're placing far too heavy an influence on the deal spotter thread influencing climbing balisong prices...

You're thinking pretty narrow minded here... That's one thread on one forum that MOST knife guys aren't members of. The forums guys are a niche market of an all ready niche market. A very subsidiary group of an all ready subsidiary group (i.e. balisongs vs non-balisongs). On top of that, the forum guys, in and of itself is an all ready small group, the JD is just one of the forums that many of the forum guys don't visit.

Your talking about the population of a cove of a pond influencing the entire ocean when your talking about the JD Deal Spotter Thread influencing Balisong Price increases.

17. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

18. AnthonyTheAbyss

No, this is the only knife forum i'm on. And i'm only talking balisongs...not knives in general. More specifically, i'm talking about the BM47...but it also happened with the BM43.

I don't know how I can be wrong when I know for a fact that it happened, I know the seller, and what we talked about when he was pricing the item.

***Only reason I brought it up is because people were complaining about price gouging...not realizing they were part of the cause

19. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

YouTube doesn't have any sway?

That's how I found this place.

If I wasn't lying in bed I'd draw some Venn diagrams.

20. Jimdo

Jimdo JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

"Ok, here's my objection...since nobody seems to see the big picture of it all.

This all came about because of the high prices theses innocent buyers are facing against the price gouging sellers. Think about it...

Something like this could be used to take advantage of honest sellers trying to make a little profit. You're messing with how another person makes money.

And to the comment about the coin price guide...that's faceless. In general, we know these sellers and buyers. A lot of them contribute on this forum. We're gonna change the entire dynamic of the Voodoo area because a few people are to lazy to research information themselves?

The deal spotter thread was a bad idea also. It was a huge contributor to the recent price increase in balisongs. Seriously, try and figure it out without me explaining it.

***big picture people " - ATA

... Shortly thereafter....

For a guy talking about the bigger picture you seem to be missing it yourself....

Now your using two knives as an example of the "big picture" when you clearly have been touting the idea of the deal spotter thread being a "huge contributor to the recent price increase in balisongs." Not a very considerable piece of evidence to such a bold claim, is it?

Go ahead and go back and look at my last post. Re-read it. Your two examples do not prove that the deal spotter thread is a "huge contributor to the recent price increase in balisongs."

Ocean vs. cove of the pond. Bali prices are up all over the "ocean" this "cove of this pond" has very little to do with that, on the grand scale.

Masharp81 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.