1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bali Price Guide?

Andy T Jul 6, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nman729

nman729 Average member

I've just started out, I just bought a Kimura to flip! I think a price guide would be helpful to newer people like me. However, I have learned more searching old posts and digging around than I think I would have if everything was presented to me on a silver platter.

I admit, I made a post in the Voodoo economics section very close to my introduction post. I'm not looking to rip anyone off though and I hope I didn't offend anyone by doing so. I'm here to learn and discuss knives with you people, who obviously have a lot of knowledge and experience to offer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    Ronin0821 and THEONEANDONLY like this.
  2. MTXCraze

MTXCraze I flip therefore I am JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I like this guy

3. EOD13

EOD13 Balisong Addict JDBA Official Member

While I wholeheartedly think this would be great for anyone who doesn't really know the market for balis, it just wouldn't work. If you follow the prices of balis, they change DRASTICALLY on a weekly basis. Look at the 42, the prime example: the gold standard if you will. A few weeks back they were going for 500-550 mint in box and weren't popping up too often. Now you see them at 350 and sitting for a day or so. Even with that said, how are you going to put a value on one off pieces or even begin to value highly desired midtech balis? Granted the into price for something like the tempest was in the $700 range, but now they're going for twice that IF you can find one for sale. It's such a small niche in knives and it's constantly changing. There are too many variables to take into account.

4. THEONEANDONLY

THEONEANDONLY Drunk on the Blood of Saints JDBA Official Member

well said

plus, even if you did list a 42 as worth only 350, some seller is still gonna list it for 500, and some buyer is gonna REEEALLY want that 42, all is null and void at that point...

5. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's not at all a secret. It's knowledge rather than pure information.
    People get very defensive about it because people tend to abuse information and everyone else has put in the work to acquire said knowledge so why shouldn't you?
    I'm not at all saying that I'm a walking bali-pedia but it's not rocket science to follow the sale threads for a bit before dropping big dough on a bali.
    I'm not saying a "please help me not get ass raped" thread would be the worst thing but a pricing thread seems a bit unrealistic.
    My point is if you're knew you shouldn't just be here to figure out a "good" price to buy a bali for and then Fade back into obscurity.

6. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

i just remembered...wasn`t you that i tried to help you sell your 41(by telling you that the asking price was NIB ) and i almost cost you loose money?

***the knife was sitting for couple weeks if i remember correctly and 10 minutes after my PM was sold?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  7. THEONEANDONLY

honestly, no fuckin idea, I've bought and sold so many of these 4x's, I can't even keep it strait, :ross:

pretty sure no one has caused me any grief when selling though...

8. THEONEANDONLY

I DO remember that, that was before the deal spotting thread though, did you send someone my way?

9. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

I am putting in the work. Been on here daily since I joined. Rome wasn't built in a day, so why don't you gfckyrslf?

THEONEANDONLY likes this.
  10. Linos

lol...it was a 41 great condition but with no box, and asking was about the same as a NIB at the time...the add was running for awhile, i sent a pm telling the seller that the reason for not selling it might be because of that...
    the seller asked me what i would consider a good price for the condition of the knife is in...but ten or fifteen minutes later(and before i said a price...Thank God) someone bought it at asking price...have i had given a price to the seller, i would had cost him money....

11. Linos

No... it was divine intervention:unintroduced:

12. THEONEANDONLY

wait a sec, are you accusing me of selling a NON mint item at MINT prices? cause I would never fucking do that!:bwah:

Andy T likes this.
  13. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I just greeted him for what he said he's the first new guy to say that after sales thread :thumbsup:

14. gfckyrslf

gfckyrslf JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Calm the fuck down.
    I'm not saying YOU specifically haven't done the work, I was making a general statement.
    No one, except for maybe Glenn :bwah:, knows what every bali ever created is worth every second of every day in an ever fluctuating market.
    We're getting into the equivalent of a bali commodities exchange with the added condition factor to muck things up even more.
    Furthermore even with stock market type exchanges, the more information available to random people off the street with a pocket full of cash, the more prevalent market manipulation becomes.

15. Linos

ohps
    [​IMG]

16. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

Ok, here's my objection...since nobody seems to see the big picture of it all.

This all came about because of the high prices theses innocent buyers are facing against the price gouging sellers. Think about it...

Something like this could be used to take advantage of honest sellers trying to make a little profit. You're messing with how another person makes money.

And to the comment about the coin price guide...that's faceless. In general, we know these sellers and buyers. A lot of them contribute on this forum. We're gonna change the entire dynamic of the Voodoo area because a few people are to lazy to research information themselves?

The deal spotter thread was a bad idea also. It was a huge contributor to the recent price increase in balisongs. Seriously, try and figure it out without me explaining it.

***big picture people

gfckyrslf likes this.
  17. Andy T

Shut the fuck up.

18. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

^^^^^^ Great post:thumbsup: need to spread some love before greening you I owe you some.

19. Andy T

Guess you didn't see my "Tron" post....it's on now....
    :bwah:

20. THEONEANDONLY

honestly, I feel the same way about bali sellers as I do about ticket scalpers, sure the price may be inflated, but I got what I wanted and what I was willing to pay for

If someone didn't save all these mint 42's, I would have never got one. Just like with tickets, I am working or have slow internet, too busy, but again, I get what I want and am willing to pay for.

both are providing a service to me, I feel I should add a line about prostitution, but I don't know anything about that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.