1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bali Price Guide?

Andy T Jul 6, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

How can it be gouging if you're willing to pay? Again, nobody has a gun to your head.

***Some people shouldn't be spending $500 if they don't know how to spend it

2. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...i got to admit ...i`m a little bit lost here, words like "need" "desperation" are getting thrown around in this and the similar threads and i`m thinking wth is going on...
    people need to eat,people need to have shelter and pay their utility bills,repair their bikes :ropeman:, people out of work are desperate to find one so they can have food and shelter...we are talking about luxury items here, you don`t need to have a twirling knife you are not desperate to find one ...you just want that`s it, want to have it....

I do not need to own i 49SP...i am not desperate to have one...but sure as shit want to have one....or 2....or 3 wtf make it 4

3. bobbylee

bobbylee JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree that IF I choose to pay then it is my fault. But, if I didn't know that is a inflated price then I didn't know.

4. Casey

Casey JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Gouging has nothing to do with whether or not a person is willing to pay the price.

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  5. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Ask the people leaving after Katrina....they were willing to pay 4x hotel room prices....the artificial inflation and "taking advantage" is the issue..not the price itself.

Surely you understand the difference......

Coconutfilipino likes this.
  6. Linos

[​IMG]

7. AnthonyTheAbyss

And paying a "fair" price is an individual perspective. So people need to stop bitching about what a person sells an item for if there are buyers willing to spend it.

***This topic is stupid

Jimdo and Coconutfilipino like this.
  8. Linos

what Hurricanes have to do with balisongs?

9. AnthonyTheAbyss

No offense but that's stupid. You're comparing paying for a bali (optional) to the well being of a family?

***C'mon man

10. Andy T

It's gouging bro. Taking advantage of a small/hostage market.

I'm not stupid. Neither are you.

Why is it that the guys rebuking this are some of the deepest in? Why don't we educate the greenhorns? Why is that a problem?

11. Mikey66

Mikey66 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

A Terry Guinn again for $800? The cheapest one I have ever got my hands on was $1200 and the seller was being nice. It would be interesting if we could come up with something like a Kelly Bluebook with both low and high prices for balis. Another way is just to compile a list in real time of actual prices paid, then you could come up with an average. What good would it serve though? Are we to use this to guilt some newbie into selling us a coveted knife for less money? There was an AA for sale for $750 about a month ago. I sent him a PM expressing some disapproval, but he did sell it for around $600. about 14 months ago I bought an AA for $400.

12. AnthonyTheAbyss

Fighting gouging of necessities in life (shelter, food, well being) vs gouging of non essential items (toys, balisongs, video games, etc.)

If it's not essential, don't interfere with how somebody decides to make or spend money.

***On that note, a few members here need to stfu in the Voodoo section and mind their own business

13. Andy T

Well, I'd think we know each other well enough to know we are both solid.?

Why is a baseline education a problem?

14. AnthonyTheAbyss

Of course Andy. I consider you a friend. Discussions on a board is never personal.

***We're solid...never doubt that man:thumbsup:

15. 13jasoN

13jasoN JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree a guideline for pricing would be helpful to newer members like myself, but if someone's willing to overpay for an item, so be it. It seems like sellers are being assaulted for maximizing their profit/trade value. If you don't agree with a price, ignore it and move on.

16. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

so you are saying the only problem in your deal is that you both wanted to do the right thing.... he INSISTED he pay a fellow devil for giving up something he plainly didnt need to sell and you INSISTED he only pay you for the cost of the Replicant?

shit thats the only "problem" a deal should have between devils.

well tell you what dude, its a problem I will solve for you two as a fellow devil myself...

Your Replicant is at no charge Deadpool, after this post I insist on paying for it.

hows that for leading by example?
    best-
    Loosey

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
  17. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree.

If I am asked to pay $15 for a ballpark beer-it's gouging.
    And if someone (or many someone's) are willing to pay that. -It is still gouging.

The beer isn't necessary. It is luxury also.

The fact that it is gouging is defined by its inflated price -not by if people will buy.

18. AnthonyTheAbyss

Decent

***:thumbsup:

19. Masharp81

Masharp81 Angelus Mortis JDBA Official Member

Just wanted to say, Loosey is the fuckin man...

That is all :thumbsup:

20. Coconutfilipino

Coconutfilipino JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

On a sidenote...what do YOU consider a devil?

On a sidenote that is slightly off topic-but, I feel it dovetails and belongs in this discussion/conversation.
    Devils.

"Devils helping devils"

The reason I bring it up, is because to ME, a "devil" is someone I see here and active.

-any monkey can register at a free public site.

So to me-if I have one up in Voodoo...then the guy with 4 posts (1 an intro and 3 others in voodoo) won't get anywhere near the same perspective from me that the guy who IS around and active.

And granted that is subjective and not really a clearly defined line of demarcation, but that serves as my guidepost.

(In fact I had this exact quandary/conundrum with my last sale.--so it is NOT hypothetical, nor is it just 'talk'.)

(The following is not facetious:
    -if anyone has a suggestion of how better to define the cut-off..or how to decide if someone is a "devil", I am all ears.--it's a grey area I am sometimes unsure of how to handle...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.