1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bali Bite anyone? (Triple the BLOOD merge)

Glenn Apr 15, 2010

1. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I did that today too. Not nearly as bloody as yours but I did stick the tip of my AB in my finger catching an aerial. Immediately afterwards I cut my knuckle open doing a stupid little rollover. It's been a few days so I guess I was due a little bloodshed. :bloodsword:

2. BladeVega333

BladeVega333 Enormous member My Ass is on Probation

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    :

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

FUUUUUCK! I said goddamn, i know exactly what knife that was. It was a Tach 2 tanto and you tried to catch it didn't you :unintroduced: be an "intelligent coward and tape the blade" why be a courageous moron for? huh? who you trying to impress dawg? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Word from the wise brotha

3. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

:unintroduced:

4. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Is your leg spurting? If so, good man! Man enough to get it on film. Wow, I'd be out like a light on the bathroom floor.:bwah:

5. VANELLI

VANELLI JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

It's kinda smiling. Ok, maybe not smiling, bout ready to speak I swear.

6. armedpootles

armedpootles JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

actually i was in a park working at the time so i patched it up (rags looked ghetto) and had that on for about 6 hours before going home. and it wasnt spurting but rather "leaking"

7. 13jasoN

13jasoN JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

:

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

FUUUUUCK! I said goddamn, i know exactly what knife that was. It was a Tach 2 tanto and you tried to catch it didn't you :unintroduced: be an "intelligent coward and tape the blade" why be a courageous moron for? huh? who you trying to impress dawg? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Word from the wise brotha[/QUOTE]

Benchmade 42, sharped up just yesterday morning. It's my EDC, normally don't flip it for that reason. I'll stick to rolls and nonarial transfers for now lol. This whole ordeal gives me some time to work with my left hand in the mean time. :devilwag:

8. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Almost stabbed my ummmm... tallywacker

View attachment 121850 View attachment 121849

So I'm just a dumbass. I was set up with my instrument building a new road. I was shooting elevations for sub grade for concrete of this new road and we were waiting for them to finish digging. So while I was waiting I was flipping my spa 51 everything was fine for awhile and then I threw it up and it came down away from me and of course I didn't want my perty knife to hit the concrete so as I caught it. Well the way it was coming down when I caught it I guess I applied pressure towards me and almost stabbed myself in the dick.

This was a serious close call, there is a nice hole where the blade went in a half a inch or less. I would show the hole but it would be getting x-rated and I don't want to make anyone jealous:madaddy:(just a joke). It does burn like a batch next time I will let the perty(yes I purposely spelled it like that) just hit the ground.

9. vileperson

vileperson Enormous member

yep

My worst cuts have been from instinctively trying to catch when I should have just stepped back.

Ronin0821 likes this.
  10. 13jasoN

13jasoN JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I'd rather cut myself than risk dinging up such expensive knives. Just me though.

All healed up and back to flipping.

11. Ronin0821

Ronin0821 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Me too, but it sucked getting stabbed in the leg:unintroduced:. I have gotten so use to getting cut on my hands it doesn't even matter anymore. When I didn't let it fall and stabbed my leg that still hurts lol. In in like 70/30 with you 70% going to catch it the 30 is for those certain times lol.

12. abqjoe

abqjoe JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

This thread is the only thing that makes me feel better about all of the cuts I have received in the couple of months that I have been flipping. Because it let's me know that I'm not alone lol!

13. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

If you don't want to "ding up such expensive knives", don't flip em. Thousands of $$'s in medical bills will help change that tune some.

People, be reasonable. It's just a knife that will get beat up eventually anyway. Your body never gets put back together the exact same way. Try slicing a couple tendons and let me know what you think then.

Just my .02 I guess.
    Carry on.

Andy T likes this.
  14. AnthonyTheAbyss

AnthonyTheAbyss Godzilla Size Member JDBA Official Member

You talk as if you've had a few tendons sliced:ropeman:

***That still makes me queasy

15. san-mai-usa

san-mai-usa JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

ouch

$300 for the stitches. Could have bought me a knife for that, almost….
    [​IMG]

AnthonyTheAbyss likes this.
  16. Palethius

Palethius Customizer Knife Maker or Craftsman

Lol.

I just think there needs to be an understanding....

If you flip a knife, it will get damaged. Period. If you're in the market of "investments", get out of the flipping market.

You can't play guitar and not expect fret wear or needing to replace strings. A car in Austin without a ding in the door has never left the lot.

A "flipped knife" is NEVER like new or *mint*.

That being said, you WILL get cut but there is no need to knowingly/intentionally sacrifice your body over something trivial like damaging a knife.

HonorHer likes this.
  17. dus7man

dus7man Jet life to the next life JDBA Official Member

I don't think that metaphor is entirely accurate as fret wear takes a vast amount of playing time, even when you play everyday. A bali will get dinged-up much faster than frets getting worn.

But yes, if you flip your knife it WILL get dinged-up.

18. nuts4knives

nuts4knives JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I agree.
    Hell even if you only flip over carpet or soft surfaces a bali wears over time. The lock-up will loosen up and the bushings will wear out. I say if your worried that much about the knife then leave it in the safe.

I'm sure the chances are slim but a serious enough fuck up could sever an artery which could be real bad news.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  19. HonorHer

HonorHer Custom Knife Builder JDBA Official Member

you hit the nail on dead on the fucking head hahaha very well out mate :bwah: and thats why my knives are beat to fuck and back and i rarely have a bad cut lol

20. Andy T

Andy T Gentle Giant JDBA Official Member

Not sure if you know but the guy you quoted is a musician, as well as a flipper, Bali-modder/maker...

He knows of what he speaks....

And a Bali won't get dinged up as fast if you're good....