1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bald Eagle

ded i Feb 6, 2017

1. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

I saw this Bald Eagle on my way home yesterday. He has been around here for a while but I've only had a camera twice when I've seen him. I wish there was something next to him to show his size because he or she(!):unclesam: is huge.

2. gzb

gzb SUPER Moderator* Super Moderator

Probably feasting on someone's Ducks in the area...

Shike, crogers, Kelper and 1 other person like this.
  3. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

Where do you live, dedi? Seems like the Garden of Eden.

Shike, crogers and Kelper like this.
  4. gzb

[​IMG]

Out here in Colorado, there was one that started hanging around a friend's house on the Roaring Fork River.
    Said friend used to have somewhere around a dozen pet mallard ducks that hung out in eddies behind the house for years.
    A couple of weeks after the eagle showed up, there were only two ducks left. Then there were none...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Shike, ded i and AJD1 like this.
  5. ded i

Oh my, there were about 18 mottled ducks there but I haven't seen them for a while. I'll bet you're right. I didn't even wonder about that, even though I've seen the eagle a lot lately.

Gary, xrayzebra and I moved to South Florida, in the tropical zone. I'm on the Gulf of Mexico side. The canal behind our building is more like a long slender lake but filled with fish (and Mr & Ms Turtle live there) so we have seabirds, storks, exotic and familiar ducks, pelicans, ibis, cranes, herons, egrets, osprey, eagles, etc., anything that eats fish. They stop by for a few weeks in turn then I won't see them again until the same time next year. It is wonderful for me because I've always been interested in birds and animals and the birds here are so different from my birds in Maryland. Last weekend we went to a beach area and filmed Monk aka 'Quaker' parakeets and burrowing owls. We live within 20 miles of two state park animal sanctuaries. The animals I've posted lately are not all here together. When the Wood Storks leave we get herons, 4 or 5 different kinds, after the herons leave something else shows up. It is very interesting for me and yes, the diversity is wonderful. The birds that actually live here are all having babies now. The little owls are just fabulous, so cute.

6. gzb

I miss it down there at times. Grew up in Naples in the early '50's and '60's.
    The 10,000 Islands were our playground. The 'Glades had plenty of water then.

That was, before the developers pretty much raped it...

Now back the Live Baby Eagle Cam. The parents should be bringing breakfast in a few hours:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Shike, BowtownBlade, Clydetz and 3 others like this.
  7. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Live baby Eagle cam rocks!!! :metaldude:

Tell me that is really running live time....:tweety:

ded i likes this.
  8. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Watch out for the serpent! :bwah:

Clydetz likes this.
  9. ded i

Xray and I have been visiting for 20 years because we have family here; mostly east coast near Miami, so urban we were never tempted to move. The west coast is still a bit rural; where we are is like old FL and we enjoy the warmth and the wildlife. Developers will win out in the end and this little spot will be paved over too. Sad

Tnx for Eagle cam.

Shike likes this.
  10. gzb

Oh it is. EST to be exact.
    Check it out in the AM when it's light. Watch and see what's for breakfast.
    Snakes, fish, birds/ducks, bunnies, whatever...

ded i, AJD1 and crogers like this.
  11. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Ummmm... snake for breakfast. :dinnercutlery:

I was watching when they got a squirrel... I think it was last year's hatching.

ded i likes this.
  12. gzb

Mom and Dad are there now.

Looks like duck? for breakfast.Junior doesn't seem too thrilled with it...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    crogers likes this.
  13. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Little one is not very graceful in its efforts to walk about the nest yet.

ded i likes this.
  14. crogers

Gotta be betterer than earlier. Jr. seemed to be chewing on pieces of nest early this a.m.

15. gzb

The Full Screen view shows the remains of a few fish. Junior looks to prefer the front end of said fish only. He ain't a Tail Man...

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    AJD1 likes this.
  16. crogers

Looks like squirrel and blue gill for lunch.... mmmmm... tasty! :hungry1:

Ate some of the squirrel, then some fish head, now back to the red meat.

You're right, he don't seem to be a tail man! Even with the squirrel, he ate the head first, now going for some of the rest.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    ded i and AJD1 like this.
  17. GODDESS OF VENGEANCE

GODDESS OF VENGEANCE Crazy Bitch Lady Devil Super Moderator

:wow2::2_thumbs_up::goodpost::heart:

crogers and AJD1 like this.
  18. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

No way,really???

I assumed it was just some cool video uploaded for a certain amount of run time
    and would start over again and again..
    Great!! Now i have something new to obsess and compulse over...

I'l be sure to check this in a few hours when i get up, to see if Mama Bird brings
    anything yummy for breakfast..

Very cool man,i had no idea live videos like this even existed..:lallander2:

begreen61 and crogers like this.
  19. crogers

If you search youboob, you can find older clips from previous years. I went to check on Junior one day and accidentally clicked on a clip from 2015. All I saw was an empty nest. I thought Jr. had taken a dive. I was GREATLY relieved to see that I'd screwed up.

On the live cam, I've seen Jr. eating a lot of fish, assorted birds, and a squirrel.

ded i likes this.
  20. ded i

The nest is as big as a king size mattress. :yesman:

Shike and crogers like this.