1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Bad day? You decide!

Mr.LaBella Sep 29, 2013

1. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

Decided to set up a table at the knife show in Easton PA to sell JD Gear. I have the cool table cover that Bobasan made me. So, I gas up my Dad's Grand caravan and head out. 32$. Get on to the Garden State Parkway and am making for 78 West. While coming around the bend merging onto 78, I see a trail of white smoke. Great!

Slow down and realize there is a metric shit ton of white smoke. (I was doing 75+) So I cannot turn around in this stretch of highway. I get off onto Rt. 24 and take the jug handle to ride on the streets should I need *gulp* towing. Making my way through the local streets choking half of the world out by now with the James Bond style smoke screen of burning anti-freeze I happen to get behind every Sunday driver, and hit every red light. Fuck.My.Life!

I make it home, unload the van (will get it fixed tomorrow) and start loading up my pickup truck. Dead empty and gas light on. (I also mainly drive my little beater hooptie, a Mazda Protege as the Dodge is a 5.9L V8) Load up, wash up from the grease/antifreeze all over me, take a whizz and we are off again. 1.5 hours or so later. :facepalm:

Drive to Sunoco and decide, fuck it all and fill it up with ULTRA93. Old girl usually gets Super, but I am figuring the extra octane is all I need to recoup lost time. 117$ (34 gallon tank)Get back on The GSP- merge onto 78 West and zoom! We are are Oscar Mike!

:shift:

About double the speed and half the time that I would usually drive out to Easton we were zooming! (Myself, and The JD Gear) Record time all the way out there, weaving, dodging*, and zipping in and out of lanes and moRons driving slowly. And that is when the fight started! 1 exit before I cut off of 78 into PA, I saw 2 Staties on the shoulder. Took my foot off the gas and coasted by him at a clocked 90 MPH. (on a steep uphill, mind you)

So, officer **** strolls out of his 'position' to meet me on the field of battle. I slow down to 65 and he is right on my ass. I mean right on it. After a minute or so that seemed like an eternity I just threw my hands up in the air like "whatta ya want me to do here?!"...

And then the sirens came on, LOL.

So he wanders up to my passenger window and asks "Is there any reason you are doing 90 mph?" and I said "No sir, I... Well, yeah! My Dad's van overheated so I had to go back home reload this truck and get on out here to the knife show in Easton!" He said "Did you say knife show?"... Me: "Yes sir. Uh-huh."

Him: "Do you have any points or anything on your license?" Me: "No sir, I am a towing company & driver. All clear. You can check!"

crogers and ded i like this.
  2. worthless

worthless worthless? Nah!

Ouch! Rough day, boss. Hope you were able to sell enough gear to at least recoup your expenses.

3. Mr.LaBella

Not even close! LMAO

Lesson learned? You decide.

:decisions

4. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

[​IMG]

For you non-Jersians

You can't fit all your goods in that monster truck you drive? why use caravan?

crogers likes this.
  5. Clydetz

Clydetz Forever straight and true Brigade Member

I'm aghast at your Saturday morning trials and tribulations! :devilzeek

6. Mr.LaBella

Gas$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Son! :D Type "C" jug handle.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
  7. Mpsecare

Mpsecare Owl Man

oh duh I always forget the truck gas thing... I drive a 4 banger

8. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

I admire Your Heroic Efforts.

I am nothing but Glad that my dues paying years of Gun and Knife shows is long over.

I now do Zero shows.

9. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Super Moderator Brigade Member

Thanks, I was wondering WTF a "Jug Handle" was. :devilroll: Down here in the dirty south, we call a type C a "cloverleaf". :bwah:

10. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

Sounds like the mutha of all bad days,i agree..:cry:

11. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Sounds like one of those days,

"I should have stayed in bed"

12. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

You made it home with a smoke grenade without needing a tow, you got a walk away ticket for 90+ speeding from a trooper that you don't even have to appear in court, you meet with good friends, had good a good story to laugh about....sounds like a decent day to me

13. Lon Humphrey

Lon Humphrey Moderator Knife Maker or Craftsman

and you want me to start doing shows on the east coast HA! that trooper would have locked my redneck ass up

14. Mr.LaBella

No! It was on the PA border, you'd'a fit right in Lon!!!! :bwah::madaddy:

15. Les Robertson

Les Robertson Guru of Steel Knife Maker or Craftsman

Ron, it isn't the show that makes the show...it is the "Stories".

I did 10 years driving to 15- 20 shows a year....ah the good times.

If there was a Coat of Arms for the Roberson family the creed would be:

"It is always something."

When it comes to setting up at shows...expect the unexpected.

16. Fumble Fingers

Fumble Fingers Enormous member

Easton Show

All that and you seemed pretty together by the time I was there. I live in PA and cross there all the time for work and it is like running the gauntlet. Too many places for the Staties to hide. I think you did pretty well for all the shit that went wrong. :thumbsup:

17. Gonz

Gonz Huge member

[​IMG]

18. Mr.LaBella

Good to meet you! And thanks for supporting The JD (you were wearing 1 cool hat!)

:thumbsup::jdwink2::manganr: :bwah:

19. waterdogs

waterdogs Brigade Member Brigade Member

Rt. 78, from the Pa. border to Exit 49 (Millburn), the Staties have at least one hiding spot per mile of highway. Not to mention getting snagged by aircraft using VASCAR, which is how I got my last ticket there a few years ago. $430 fine (doubled because that stretch of road is designated a "Safe Corridor", whatever the fuck that means).

20. tubtar

tubtar high caliber consecrator Moderator Super Moderator Brigade Member

We should have shot guns for this shit................. :jdwink2:

rudechuck likes this.