1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

There ya go.

2. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

Well then i guess i'm in for novice or glenn class. I'll probably spend more time flipping, than practicing my editing skills. I can't wait for all the "recorded with a toaster" comments on YT.

3. TheJackofClubs

TheJackofClubs Huge member

F-15E loaded with questions targeting your position.

In which division do I compete? What can I do better? What am I doing wrong? What am I just plain not doing? If you are feeling especially nice you could also include things you liked.

[video=youtube;RZCnJpR7Gh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCnJpR7Gh0[/video]

4. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

Nice start, be careful about getting to repetitive.

I think Jay and Wigs do the placing?

5. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

theres some smooth ok looking shit going on.. as jewanol mentioned youre a touch repetitive. Van Gogh looked too "planned"(massively common mistake) throw THEN snap your hand over to get it ...
    also that cam angle would be good for a break down on a zero g trick or two but the whole vid that way sucks to watch imho.

good luck dude!

L.

6. TheJackofClubs

Thanks guys. I was afraid it might be a tad repetitive, the Cherry Picker may be my favorite manipulation, though Kiss Goodbye is very close. The camera angle will be an easy fix, as for the Van Gogh looking better, that will take some work.

7. sirhorsechoker

sirhorsechoker cheapskate balifag fliptard

:bwah: you should check out my channel. I don't own a computer or a camera so its pretty damn spectacular!

8. feenxfire

feenxfire JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Any chance we could get a sticky for these monthlyish competitions.

That would be cool.

9. Boomaga

Boomaga Huge member

+1

and in this sticky they should compile the first-third places of each month and have em next to the links in bold indented.

10. FkeSpydrFly

FkeSpydrFly JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Silly flippers!
    That would require active JDBA mods!

11. InfinityShade

InfinityShade Level: True Devil

I haven't joined any of the competitions and i was wondering how placement works in terms of skill. Do you place someone in the bracket based upon their flipping skill after seeing their video?

12. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Yar! Just trying to make each category as fair as possible based on your skill level. If you have a recent vid, post it up so we can get an idea of where you would slot in.

With those who have entered before I have given the option of telling me where they want to be placed. With previous comps I've found that some people can progress a lot in a short period of time... Someone who may have been a novice can get to intermediate within a month or so. If they haven't posted any vids inbetween comps I have no idea of how much hey have progressed.

13. Ryanol

Ryanol SnarkMasterFunkyFresh JDBA Official Member

How about regression?

Say a guy hypothetically was practicing something for three or four months and thought they were getting somewhere but upon evaluation had been doing it wrong the whole time?....were does that kind of person potentially slot in?

14. TheJackofClubs

Depends. Does the wrong way look good?:manganr:

15. laughingbuddha

Clear your inbox fool!:yuna:

16. laughingbuddha

They should give up and hand in their Balisong... I look after them... Unless they are short, fat, run on bearings and rhyme with Faryl Smalf. You get to keep that POS :bwah:

17. KaOsBlAkBlAdE

KaOsBlAkBlAdE Huge member JDBA Official Member

All Clear!!,.......sorry bout that, they let me ride the big bus today!!

18. lumsify

lumsify Huge member

i said masters....:ropeman:

19. laughingbuddha

Yup! Show me something worthy of masters and I'll put you there.

20. InfinityShade

InfinityShade Level: True Devil

alright, ill have to get something recorded. Ty for the info