1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Attack Rescue Survive Utility Folder

vjb.knife Oct 13, 2010

1. vjb.knife

vjb.knife Investigador Subaquatico

Does anyone have any experience with this knife? Any opinions? Other knowledge of it?

A.R.S Utility Folder; Retail Price: $275.00
    Featured in the January issue of Tactical Knives Magazine
    8 7/8 inches open
    bg 42 blade
    titanium liners
    titanium bolsters
    canvas micarta scales
    stainless belt clip
    stainless heat treated bushings and pivot pin
    lanyard hole
    manual action
    life time warranty

[​IMG]

2. Mike Stewart

Mike Stewart Knife Moderator/Bark River Knife & Tool

I have handled one and they are Solid.

I have not used it for anything.

I would say that it seems like it is worth the asking price but I might not be the best Judge of Tactical Folders.

Mike

3. Parker

Parker Former Village People Roadie Knife Maker or Craftsman

Looks like a complete xerox of the Mercworx Clotho.

I recall there being some discussion about this previously - google it, see if there is any conversation anywhere about failures, warranty hassle, that sort of thing, but I liked the design then and it's still appealing.

4. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I've owned two and both were stellar. The only thing that kept me from keeping them is the edge. The guy does not put an edge on them worth a hoot and it is a bear to sharpen. Don't rightly know why that is but that is what I experienced. keepem sharp

5. Mike Stewart

I hear that the new ones made starting next month will come very sharp.

6. spyken

spyken Huge member

that has to be a Mercworx. are they related? or is the maker related? who ground the Mercworx knives anyway?

7. Mike Stewart

I think that Mercworx discontinued this Model and the New Owner of this Company ended up with the design and the parts from the Previous Sub-Contractors.

:devilzeek

8. Frstr8

Frstr8 First Rate JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I had one. It seemed to be a good knife, however I traded it away and the new owner has it up for sale last I heard.

9. jlowe2

jlowe2 Huge member

i have one that i received from longbow!