1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Atropos Demon Bali??? 150$ Ti Channel??????

Vampill Apr 9, 2017

1. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

This relatively knew Russian knife hit the market. Titanium milled channel style with a D2 blade for 150 bucks shipped? wtf
    [​IMG]

How is he able to do this at this price? Is Russian titanium just cheaper?

EDIT: fucked up the title real good... "Altropos" hehe

2. Skurm

Skurm Average member

We've been talking about this one on /r/balisong for a bit. Consensus is its legit. IDK why the cost is so low, Im no expert about the cost in stuff in Russia, but that might explain things.

I ordered mine about 2.5 months ago and it took forever to arrive but its far exceeded my expectations for quality. I use it daily and no problems have come up. Its a tad big, but the handles feel great and the balance is good...with fitted washers the play is negligible. He fixed the issue with the tip hitting the handles very early on, and I believe the newer ones have a latch gate and bearings or bushings (costs a bit more).

IDK if the Ti's cheap/impure or something, but its not wearing down abnormally or anything. Blade also holding up to some falls and package openings. Who knows maybe materials suck, maybe not, but it is holding up great for now. Long as it doesnt break IDC lol.

Camel and desmodus like this.
  3. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

he now offers bushings (no bearings), but it still comes with a bit of play.

his instagram following is pretty decent.

4. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

what`s his handle on Instagram?

5. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

I don't like the gap space in between the handles. For $150 I'd try it though. It just looks like it could be a awkward flip... maybe it's just me....

6. desmodus

desmodus Arc Sodium Administrator Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

@atroposknife

begreen61 and Linos like this.
  7. cyclenut

cyclenut JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Interesting. I'm going to look into this one as well. Not a bad price.

8. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

I emailed him about a week back and have yet to hear anything. I'm not on instantgram or \arr\balisonge. I want one with washers and latch gate. I also questioned what his backlog of work is like. Seems most people get theirs made and shipped out in a week. Problem is postage time from Russia with customs etc.

I heard some douchebag from ig or some ghey place wrote balisong or butterfly knife in the paypal note so his account is shut down... way to go assfuck.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    JAM3X likes this.
  9. desmodus

he's been getting crazy popular.

i'm sure there's a bit of a wait.

apdallaround likes this.
  10. cyclenut

I just e-mailed him an inquiry. I 'll update if I get a response.

apdallaround likes this.
  11. cyclenut

I got a reply this morning. Price with shipping is now $200. He now only accepts western union money transfer until he finds a better method (blocked paypal).

I'm not a fan of western union, so unfortunately i'll have to wait until he finds another payment method.

12. Linos

Linos baliholickydexbender JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

...No western union for me either....

13. IAmNotARealBoy_

IAmNotARealBoy_ Iamarealcrybaby

I'm the one that made the review, sorry it was shit lmao. I own two, I was one of the first few people in the US to own one, the first one I got was amazing, main issue was that the spine of the blade hit the inside of the handles, and the handle play wasn't too great. After you hand fit washers, it's one of the best Balis for the price. I now own two, the newer ones he's making are heavier, around 5.1 oz, and have less handle play. Absolutely recommend the knife.

desmodus likes this.
  14. Toxiatris

Toxiatris Little member

Did you see any impurities in the ti while anodizing the handles? It definitely seems too good to be true.

15. IAmNotARealBoy_

IAmNotARealBoy_ Iamarealcrybaby

Nope, it's definately a good quality. Probably TC4 or 6AL-4V, colors came out pure, and consistant.

Here is the first one I owned, anodize it probably 5 different times now, colors still come out great: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSGVYjwhZe7/

16. horrormoviess

horrormoviess JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I love it. For the money, it's ridiculous. IMG_20170410_205048_515-777x777.jpg

JAM3X likes this.
  17. Pockocmoc

Pockocmoc Little member JDBA Official Member

I ordered mine a month ago, still not shipped, but It's okay, as it looks like he is getting very popular. He said he delayed the deliveries to add bushings :) . Good news!

Pock'

desmodus likes this.
  18. Splatypus

Splatypus Tiny Member

I hear consistently that they're really good for the price point. No clue why so cheap, maybe the materials cost less over there, maybe it's the exchange rate, who knows. They seem to take 4-6 weeks to arrive, though.

coll3ctor likes this.
  19. GhostYoda

GhostYoda JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

Good guy to talk too very responsive with any questions I had about his Bali's.

Edited.jpg

begreen61, seandavid55 and desmodus like this.
  20. WyldStyl3

WyldStyl3 Never gunna give you up JDBA Official Member

The spine of the blade hitting the channel should not be an issue. If you've ever owned a channel bali before you would know that almost all of them do that.