1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Artwork....

M.Olexey Nov 22, 2014

1. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Had some of my ideas for future t-shirt/web design artwork sorted out by some really good designers. Thought I'd share here cuz I share most everything here....check 'em out and let me know what you think.

This one is a new harder version of my fist clutching a knife logo....may work this into a patch as well as a shirt.

MOB "Don't Tread on Me"
    [​IMG]

More fist clutching knife action...had this worked up in several color schemes for a front logo (pocket area on t-shirts). It also looks pretty good blown up into a full size back logo/design as well...
    [​IMG]

The D-Guards lend themselves well to some pretty impactful designs. This one uses all the blade shapes from the photo run as feathers on the wings....
    [​IMG]

More D-guard stuff....I was trying to go skull free on all of these (nothing wrong with skulls I LOVE THEM)...but I wanted to do something different. I will say that these guys came up with some awesome skull themed stuff that I am going to have to develop further....I can't pass up a good skull design....ever.
    [​IMG]

With the white fill removed so the shirt color shows through...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red and black concept......
    [​IMG]

More soon! Thanks for looking. I've been focusing on this kind of stuff for the last year since I have been squeezed for time in the shop. I had a lot of momentum going with MOB up until late last year when I took a promotion with my day job that made juggling a side business nearly impossible. But I will get back hard into the knife biz soon....I love it too much and I want to continue working with the designs and customer base I built. I hate not being able to take orders or even satisfy a portion of demand. Anyway...when I get back at it I will have some cool imagery to work with and that always makes it more fun....if for nothing else but to build up my own wardrobe :unintroduced:

All comments welcome as long as they're what I want to hear :tardrule:

:vatoloco:

:molexey:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    GEEZER likes this.
  2. GEEZER

GEEZER Beware The Ides of March Brigade Member

Like the black (bikerish) ones!:manganr:

M.Olexey likes this.
  3. Shawn Hatcher

Shawn Hatcher knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

These are awesome, Martin!

I often find myself in the "less is more" camp when it comes to shirt designs.

-The "Don't Tread on Me" shirt is very slightly too busy to my eye.
    -The second one is solid - love it.
    -The "blades as feathers" is maybe my favorite. I'd be curious to see a version with the "Fill Your Hand" and the red fists omitted - again, my "less is more" leanings.
    -The last design is really good. I think I'd prefer it without the white fill.

That last paragraph makes me very happy. :knifey:

4. M.Olexey

M.Olexey capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia Brigade Member

Good input buddy.

That first one is busy...but it was intentional. I think you'll see once its on a shirt...there is a look I am going for...less the iconic sharp image and more Jack Daniels black label :bottle:

The artist that did the blade feather design originally did it without the fists....but I said, if I am going skull free I gotta have a fist in it :bwah: