1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in, (Resetting your password should do "the trick") Optimum Online is blocking JD emails for some reason*, OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Arashi Clip Modification

BladeVega333 Dec 2, 2015

1. BladeVega333

BladeVega333 Enormous member My Ass is on Probation

What up Devils :manganr: I wanted to share with you guys something i discovered today. i was looking at the new HOM EVO Specter on bladeHQ and noticed it had a clip on it, i wanted to bother Jerry for two HOM balisong clips but hesitated due to the fact that i am not a fan of the "Flat Style-Bent" clip that some makers put on their knives. I wanted more of a 3D Balibalistic "Raised-Stylish" Clip that Shawn Grecean puts on the Balibalstics ( "If i was on the Arashi list i would have begged Shawn for one of his famous stylish clips which IMHO adds a lot of "Style - or an outer expression of character" to the knife" ) Any how I found myself looking at the St Clair CF clip that the BM 51 morpho had on and really enjoyed the look of the beefy clip. I noticed that it had two identical screws to the Arashi where the pocket clip gets installed. I had an idea and tried it out and..................Success!!!!!

I discovered as well that the St Clair CF clip gave the balisong a little more weight on the bite handle and improved some of the flipping but most importantly it looked fucking sexy as shit my bali-brothers. I wish more and more knife makers could make Carbon Fiber pocket clips for their knives as it would look sick on some of the blades.

Check it out fellas, i call this type of Modd............"The Vegashi Clip Modd" :manganr::manganr:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried it on some jeans and also compared it to some of my other favorite Balisong Pocket clips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like this and it helps improve your flipping game as well as bali swagggg. I hope I get credit for the first one to do this :manganr::manganr: I also want to thank St Clair, Jerry and Shawn for these creations :manganr::manganr::manganr: Let me know what you guys think, laters

V-Dizzle

2. PlntDr

PlntDr Level: True Devil

So you put someone else clip on your knife and then named it after yourself. . . . if that's all the creativity it takes to impact the baligame I should have been taking out patents years ago and making bank. :unintroduced:

taoist likes this.
  3. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Never really liked that cf clip. I think it looks weird. Doesn't suit the BM51 and doesn't suit the Arashi.

4. jjhamilton

jjhamilton JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

So I took a Pepsi bottle lid and put it on a Coke bottle...I call it the PepsiCoke lid mod....now if you loose your lid, I got you covered...you guys let me know what you think...

5. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Damn. Shoulda came up with a sick name for when I put the spring of a Playstation 3's Blu-raydrive on my Kimura 3 and then put a Benchmade pocket clip on it....

Damn. Guess this is why I'm not a Game Changer....

6. itadakimasu

itadakimasu There are no kangaroos in Austria! JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Ruxin knows it:

[​IMG]

7. apdallaround

apdallaround K'inich Janaab' Pakal I JDBA Official Member

that tach 3 clip looks pathetic, i hope they leave that off the production version.

8. Looseyfur

Looseyfur OG Flipper JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman

[​IMG]

9. BladeVega333

just throwing out some ideas for pocket clips on high end balis :manganr: The main purpose of this thread is to know what else is out there in terms of pocket clips for the Arashi, Tempest, Tach 2 " of which i still own a few of " i had some recommendations but nothing "stylish" or "sick with it"

If anyone has any Pocket clip Balisong swag i would love to hear it, lets have fun with it fellas :manganr::manganr::manganr: I know you guys all love the "Vegashi Clipp Modd" :bwah::bwah:

10. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Pocket clips are ghey, V-Jizzle.

11. PlntDr

PlntDr Level: True Devil

I think the main purpose of this thread, in-line with most of your posts, is for you to feed your superiority complex because of deep-seated insecurity.

OnceBitten likes this.
  12. weavin

weavin Destroyer of digits opposable JDBA Official Member

IMO the clip thats on the blue twill handled knife would look more at home on the arashi, but overall I dont care for a pocket clip on my balisongs.

13. taoist

taoist taoist JDBA Official Member

Hey, don't be mean to BladeVagina, you might butthurt his sensitive feelings. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

14. BladeVega333

Yeah whatever Once bitten, you are just pissed cause i came up with it first.

OMG!!! you must be some type of Psychic or something :bwah::bwah: I posted this thread to "Contribute" to my fellow bali-brothers. I want to innovate and discover new ways of improving the bali game here in the JDBA.............that's all.

I hope you guys love the advice i have given thus far and will probably make a Youtube vid of this and as a matter of fact i am thinking of making and Official Balisong Youtube channel where i will be discusing high end balisongs but still unsure though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  15. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Nah... I don't think so.

It'll be what the Dr said. :thumbsup:

16. taoist

BladeVagina, you are an asshat. Your conduct here at JD is reprehensible. You have no sense of community so there is no "contribution". FYI, it is not all about you. :devilfinger::devilfinger:

17. OnceBitten

OnceBitten Momma said I'd go blind Brigade Member

Narcissus lives!

18. BladeVega333

OMG......LOL, guys enough about me. I just want to know if you guys have tried this type of CF clip concept on anything else? please post pics and comments.

Are there any Clips for the Tach 2, Tempest,? any info advice on flipping? how does it flip? Pics? c mon dudes, lets keep this about the Balisongs

19. taoist

It has always been all about you, not balisongs. So tightly wrapped in yourself that you don't understand. We don't care about your shit. :devilfinger::devilfinger:

20. hannam72

hannam72 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

I don't think everything needs a pocket clip nor does making one handle heavier then the other handle make it a better flipper.

I also don't think you should be naming a mod after yourself when you just screwed something someone else made together. If that were the case then I would have quite a few mods under my belt that I guess I should be naming after myself.